my first ever RT-4WD! 1998 CR-V inside

13»

Comments

• wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Definitely did, but its always been really slow.
    FINALLY managed to lift the front end. but, now my front axles seem to be hating it more then they should, making a rough-ish feel while driving, as if a bearing was rattling around or something. idk. anyway, also painted the reflector housing on the headlights yellow. thoughts?

577.jpg
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Love the headlights!
    What paint did you use?
  • You must be lifted quite a bit more than mine, I think my axles are still pretty much horizontal. My one doesnt seem down on power but my tyres arnt as big as yours. Certainly doesnt handle the bends as well as it used to
  • How have I not seen this thread? SO much win in here right now.

i might have missed it but what is the issue with lifting the front?
    Vladi, i used stained glass spray paint. Krylon i believe?

The issue i am having is that the car started making a grinding-ish feel pretty much immediately after the front end lift. Its a solid 4 inches higher then stock, with the tires and lift spacers. The axles are far from horizontal, they are angled about 3-5*? There seems to be quite a bit of stress in them. They were just rebuilt about 2 or 3 months ago with some heavy duty grease and boots and whatnot so thats not the issue. All i can really think of is that i need to lower the front back down about 1/2 inch or so... I'll get some pics of axle location later tonight. Ha!

And NZ, these rims alone probably outweigh your wheel and tire combo :P i think they are 35 lbs a piece, before tires! I really should have gone with a 215/75 tire, and maybe try and find some nice aluminum rims, but oh well. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.
    503Wagon wrote: »
    How have I not seen this thread? SO much win in here right now.

i might have missed it but what is the issue with lifting the front?

Thanks man! See above post :P
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    So is it time for some pics/vids of it jumping yet?
    New Movie?
    CRV Attack 1???
    DO IT ! ! !
    Haha! Its far from having enough power to jump/drift/slide like Wagon Attack lol. Maybe CRV Crawl :P
  • wagodizzle wrote: »

And NZ, these rims alone probably outweigh your wheel and tire combo :P i think they are 35 lbs a piece, before tires! I really should have gone with a 215/75 tire, and maybe try and find some nice aluminum rims, but oh well. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

Maybe not quite, my wheels are Rally wheels (say "for competition use only") and are very heavy duty. I havnt actually had a wheel/tyre off myself to know the weight but yes yours are obviously heavier.
  • I got a crv cluster in my 2000 ek 4dr. Love the look of it.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    think i might have to detour Scrappy thru Savannah/Hilton Head on the way home for a little bit of off the beaten path riding ...!!
    Yes Chip!!! Do it!!
    So, here is a view of my driveshaft angle. Granted, its parked on an uphill slope so the weight here is tilted towards the back, rasing the front even more, about 3/4 inch or so.

591.jpg
  • I see, mine would be about halfway between yours and horizontal. I didnt lift mine the full extent offered by the lift springs
    well i went a head and lowered the front down about a half inch. rides perfect now! thank God.
    also installed a new Borla muffler. its a bit louder then i wanted, but oh well! engine runs a bit smoother with it so that's brilliant.

had a little fun yesterday, with all the rain, it was fantastic!
    770.jpg

771.jpg
  • HakosukaHakosuka Wagonist
    Delete, sent you a PM...
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    Oh how I can't wait to get sell my wagon, get back to Cali, and buy a CRV of my own. I'll need some EDM support. :encouragement:
  • Where is that junkyard at?
    Junkard is in Budapest, Hungary :D
    couple pics from this past weeks mudding adventure :)

funny story, took out my Land Rover into some deeeeep mud (foolish) and sunk down to it's axles, and got stuck. came back with a friend's 4x4 Blazer, that got stuck before even getting to the Landy. came back with the CRV to check things out, did NOT even come close to getting stuck lol :D eventually pulled out the Landy with a F-250, except that the F-250 also got stuck on the way to the Landy LOL. good times were to be had. once again, CRV just blazed through like nobody's business. mind you it was the only vehicle out there without true 4WD.

Honda, be very proud of what you have created!
    (to be fair, the Landy got pretty damn far in the swamp, where i didnt dare take the V.. )

273.jpg

274.jpg

275.jpg

at this point the Landy was already pulled out of the deep end :O

276.jpg

the F-250 winching himself out, used a Tacoma and my CRV as anchor points.

277.jpg

the Blazer, it just slid off the path (bad tires haha)

278.jpg

got pulled out by this Discovery! ;)

279.jpg

at the end of this ordeal, the CRV was looking pretty... poor car.

280.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    your CRV is awesome! I love it!
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Good work! Dont think Id be brave enough to take mine in there!
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    I wanna go!!!

That looks like the good old fun of my youth... I have had many vehicles stuck..
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    That's awesome. Looks good.
    thanks for the love, guys :D