jeff's 1987 isuzu pup

this is my 1987 isuzu pup that i bought for $600. i put in a clutch, and a radiator. it has a bout 115,000 miles. it is a 2wd 1.9 liter 4 cylinder 4 speed. it gets 28-30 miles per gallon, and is very slow. it was originally white with towing mirrors. so i shaved them and put 3'' peep mirrors on the doors. i painted it black, and it came out like herculiner (my brother told me it was most likely because i was moving the spray gun too slow.). so we sanded it down a little bit and he painted it charcoal metallic and we added a lot of royal blue metal flake.[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse003_zps3cf2712b.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse001_zpsf28bce50.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse002_zpsc932cb07.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse008_zps7f80a76d.jpg

Comments

• I have one of those in my driveway. It's 4wd and the cab was destroyed in a rollover, so I'm building a new top for it.
  • [IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse007_zpsf0fd38a4.jpg[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse006_zps5bca77f4.jpg168.jpgthis was my first attempt at making door panels. they were easy on this truck because it is a flat panel.[IMG][/img]jeffsisuzucivichearse005_zps1b58dfc8.jpgi had to use lawn mower tires as speaker pods because the kick panel is too shallow. they fit perfect with some metal roof screws.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    My good friend has two of these and loves the little jokers. One has a Weber kit on an offenhouser intake and headers. still won't pull the hat off your head!

Question for you: where can we find a heater core for an '86? he says they aren't available? I haven't looked.

edit: If I ever run across a decent diesel Spacecab, I'll probably snag it. I pour out enough diesel fuel daily at work to commute on!
  • the weber carb is a nice setup. my brother, friend and i have talked about putting a chevy 305 we have in it, but the 1.9 runs great, and almost 30 miles per gallon is nice too.

i checked a couple of suppliers that my job deals with, and i dont see a heater core available for an 86-87 isuzu pup.
    i know some parts are the same from late 70's-early 80's chevy luv trucks, and early 80's s10.

one of these might look the same as what is in your friends truck. here are some napa part #'s:
    660-3268 83 s10 with ac
    660-3269 83 s10 no ac
    660-3523 80 luv
  • SiRgeSiRge Wagonist
    That looks the same as what's called Nissan Navara over here in NZ, pre facelift front end. Maybe worth a look at a Nissan dealership or something for the same era model?
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    SiRge wrote: »
    That looks the same as what's called Nissan Navara over here in NZ, pre facelift front end. Maybe worth a look at a Nissan dealership or something for the same era model?
    No it doesnt, its too small.

Is more like a old Holden Rodeo, and since GM owns both Isuzu and Holden it even makes sense:
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc195/crrrazytim/timdaddydogsfonepxt325.jpg