¿¿honda rabbit/caddy?¿?¿volkswagen civic??

ok well i started working on my vw build i really miss my truck so much so it needs much attention and i have almost everything for it so why not start. . i want to throw the d16a6 but i just picked up a y8 head and mani so i will also be making this a mini me swap. also i know ppl do outrageous honda motor builds in their vw's but i like d series.
98.jpg
187.jpg
empty bay
188.jpg
dash gone
189.jpg
extra wagon dash
190.jpg
dash swap into VW also so so so close to fitting perfect with out any mods
191.jpg
my d16a6
192.jpg
Y8 mani will be blasted with pics tomorrow
193.jpg
Y8 head
194.jpg

Comments

• luis808luis808 Wagonist
    WOW. This will be cool. What axles do you plan on running? I am sure some VW guys will be a little upset. LOL
  • .JoshuA..JoshuA. Wagonist
    i wish it was done already!!! been waiting too long. and some people will hate but oh well it will be reliable and easy to work on.

here is the manifold blasted inside and out!
    230.jpg
    231.jpg
    232.jpg
  • In for updates! These trucks are so dope!
  • D33ken-NJD33ken-NJ Band Wagon
    luis808 wrote: »
    WOW. This will be cool. What axles do you plan on running? I am sure some VW guys will be a little upset. LOL

I agree, being a vw guy, this just doesn't seem right at all. I love those caddy's, well MK1 in general and you should just drop a ABA swap. I saw a mk2 with a k20 and it just didn't seem right. Dropping a vr6 in my MK2 soon, acoustically perfected engine :D
  • knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    Sick. I have always been a VW fan. I used to have a VR6 that I loved. I wish I could get my wagon to go as fast as my old VR6:) Looking forward to seeing what you do with this thing. Get your pimpin on truck style!
  • yeah well i would prefer the honda engine. much easier to work on i love vw body styles but hate engine work. so i will stick with honda bro. i almost have everything ready to put together but my wagon broke down. and i just spent 1300 dollars on that cause i ordered a motor swap. . wagon comes first. . i will make custom axles and custom fab del sol motor mount brackets i already got a wagon dash that i already started putting into wagon ill post pics up very soon..
  • GUTTED!!
    16.jpg
    a little more then half the junk that came out
    17.jpg
    seats to be reupholstered
    18.jpg
    i digs it! all that matters
    19.jpg
    20.jpg
    Green tape is where i will cut
    21.jpg
    also took out some stuff from underneath the dash and the second piece where the VIN goes... half the pile
    22.jpg
    almost!
    23.jpg
  • eckoboteckobot New Wagonist
    No matter....Honda guys/gals has and have been borrowing from VW blokes/birds since pimping and vise-versa. These machines aren't quite vintage enough to be 'RatRod' status but who cares & piss off!...we're crafty with tools and have alooot of spare parts. Rock n' Roll brotha!
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    Awesome! I know a guy with a k-swapped Caddy! Look forward to the progress!
  • Thanks guys. havent been on in a while but the caddy got stopped for a small minute due to the fact that i put new motor and tranny in rt in less than a month. but small update is im getting some suspension for the caddy and about ready to fab up the motor into the bay