Alaska checking in

Hey everyone. I'll keep it quick and simple. A couple days ago the user on these boards known as "Beastmode" posted some pics of his wagon on clubcivic. Until then, I had never even know Honda made a wagon nor made anything in AWD/4WD other than trucks/SUV. I was the first to comment in his thread and was instantly hooked! I HAD to have one. Currently i'm working on an EJ1 with a B16a2 about to drop in. I had big plans for it (boost this winter), but now my plans have changed into FIX/SELL IT ASAP AND WORK ON WAGON!!! ha!

Agreed to buy this. 8 hours away from me @ $600. 112,000 miles. Needs head gasket. Auto tranny. RT4wd. Bringing a flat bed trailer with me tomorrow. First time since I was a kid that I didn't haggle over the price. Older guy, seemed nice. Plus I figure since I can't get it until tomorrow and he just posted it, I better give him asking price since he claims to be holding it for me until Sat afternoon.

490.jpg

491.jpg

Plans for this thing include fixing motor, then pull it out and list it for sale (just cause I hate to have a busted motor sitting around or taking one to the dump) in favor of doing a CRV B-series swap (possible K series depending on what year CRV I pick up). I've got nothing but time and a fairly decent car budget to make this happen. The body will get a total make over along with fresh paint. Interior will get reworked as well. Even though I live in a crummy part of the world when it comes to hanging out with other car people, it's actually really great for scoring cheap car parts by the truck load. I called the junk yards and found 3 CRV's with complete drive train so i'm going to head over there at some point and see what is going to work best for me. Also a couple civics ripe for picking interior bits and pieces. Should work out nicely!

I've still got TONS of research to do, but once I saw a few people posting about using B/k series motors, I knew that was the direction to take. So this car probably isn't going to be in any kind of moving condition until next year, so it's also going to be my first full restore/upgrade project. Tuck, paint,... the works basically. I'm sure you guys have heard this same story plenty of times before so i'll stop now and create a build thread once I can start putting my money where my mouth is. So with that, great to be here!

Funny comment quickly. Once I found out about these wagons, I showed my wife the new plans last night after locating a 90 rt4wd. She says, "That thing is ugly! Why do you have to like the weird cars? You better take me out to dinner for making me look at that granny mobile." LOL... I love it. She's put up with lots of my car crap over the years. (She drives a car worth many times more than this project could ever touch after completion)

My current civ project:

492.jpg

My daily :encouragement: :

493.jpg

Comments

• Killer snag for $600.
  • AlaskaB16AlaskaB16 New Wagonist
    Thanks! I've been spending some time on the k20 boards... Pretty sure that's the direction i'm going!
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    Welcome to civicwagon. Your daily is awesome though. Can't wait for your project to start!
  • beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    Nice find and even a better price glad to see you finally found a RT4wd and in a color i've never seen before on a wagon, welcome to the site. From our messages back and forth on clubcivic and the picture of your daily I don't foresee you having a problem performing the k-series w/CRV trans swap. Document your build so it could be added to the engine quicklinks and maybe you'll inspire me to do something different like that...once again love that price and keep that build going would love to see your progress overtime.
    Thanks guys! I just spent about on the phone with a guy out of IL selling K motors and things. Pretty stoked right now and can't wait to get that motor here! Also found another wagon near the same place where this is (couldn't get it last weekend, but driving down this Sat to get it) for 500. It's a 2wd with a bad motor, but all i want is the doors and fender to replace mine. It's blue too like yours beastmode. Why are there so many blue ones? Anyway, I may just buy the whole car and part it out. Probably too expensive to make it anyplace south, but who knows. Guess we'll see.
  • SaXXXonSaXXXon New Wagonist
    Greetings from another cold place in the world and welcome to the forums :)
    Why buy one when you can have two? Think ill drop my b16 in here instead of my coupe, sell it, then put more cash in my 4wd. Ill have both on Sat provided the unforseen doesnt happen again. Talked down to $450. Burns oil so says the owner.

645.jpg

646.jpg

647.jpg
  • very nice. hope you get them. good luck.
    Me too! Sitting on a broke airplane in Deadhorse AK right now! Noooooooooo!
  • skitsoskitso Wagonist
    Wow, alaska seems to be a gold mine for cheap wagons, both are in really decent shape too. Lookin forward to seein these builds.
  • knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    Wow, you got some killer deals on your wagons! Put em both together and you still aren't even half of what I paid for mine. Ouch. Welcome to the forum, and looking forward to seeing what you do with these two wagons.
  • JeebuzJeebuz New Wagonist
    I wish I could find killer wagon deals! Welcome to the site. Wuu wuu and a wuu wuu wagonss!
  • Delta78Delta78 Band Wagon
    Nice find!
  • juanreiojuanreio Band Wagon
    I totally love that red one. I wish mine was red and not blue.
    There are a lot of cheap cars up here for sure. If I find anymore wagons, I can help get them shipped down to you guys. Or at least parts anyway.
  • Very nice keep us updated for sure on future mods .
  • Welcome to the site and too wagons! I have owned a lot of Hondas and my wag is my favorite. Great find on both looking forward to seeing your progress.
    Thanks! Putting my deposit down on a K series with CRV trans this week. Trying to get as much stuff loaded on the pallet out of Chicago to make shipping more cost effective for me way up here. Gonna gather up everything I can to start on it as soon as the negative temps hit.