Geezer gets a wagon

Been looking for a while and really wanted a RT, but I sold an '83 Brat (no heater and most of the parts are NLA, froze my ass off last winter). I had to move quickly as I needed a new ride. '86 DX1500 FWD with 209k on it for $1600. It seems everyone in the Seattle are wants 2-3 k for some really shabby wagons, and this is the best I could get on a quick buy. Really jealous of some of the 1k and less prices I've seen on this forum. Came with new tires, new brakes, new timing belt & water pump and a decent radio. It smokes a bit on start-up, worn valve guides I suspect.

I've had a few CRXs, an '87si, an '88si, an '88dx, and several vintage Mini wagons. Restored all of them and made money every time. The paint on this is poor, but the rust is not. It was a New Mexico car for most of it's life so I lucked out there. But at 65, after getting my ass kicked by cancer more than once, I no longer have the ability or money to do any major work, so this one will get "retouched" a bit rather than a full-on build.

I'm an artist so I may just turn it into a low key "Art" car. I did cover the peeling paint on the roof with a few graphics.

CiviWag-rr720.jpg

CiviWagRoofArt720.jpg

Comments

• HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Hi and welcome to CivicWagon.com! Take your time and look around. Feel free to share your past projects in the Rides & Builds section.
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    Nice paint on the roof! It's interesting to see what each of us will do differently starting with the same 'canvas'.
  • knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    The roof reminds me of print from a pair of Hammer pants I had in '91!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Welcome. I like to see someone lead the way and not follow. Bring on the art car!

I think you must now be our oldest member. I thought that I was, but I'm only 45...so now you ARE the Geezer.
  • CiviWagCiviWag Band Wagon
    I look the geezer part too, but my other ride says there may still a bit of the punk in me!

Although it's only done 130+ once. :-)
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    Hah, your only as old as you act. Congratulations on getting thru cancer , I personally know how bad it sucks. Love the subi though and hot dog does it look slick. Btw welcome to the group!
  • juanreiojuanreio Band Wagon
    welcome to the site
  • Welcome to the site , I'm still new here but I have enjoyed it so far. I look forward to seeing what you do with this.
  • jpciiijpciii familEE
    I'd say you got a good deal.

Welcome
  • xtinmanxxtinmanx Band Wagon
    The roof paint is awesome!
  • NCxEE4NCxEE4 Wagonist
    Welcome to the site man! I look forward to seeing what you do with this little wag. It's definitely a clean starting point. Let's see more pics!
  • turtlezaoturtlezao Band Wagon
    i just bought this same exact car! ive never used forums before so sorry if i mess up in any way.
  • dubbin64dubbin64 Band Wagon
    I love these 3rd gen wagons! The graphics gave me chuckle, reminded me of my neighbor who covered a damaged door with a huge "GT" sticker. :) I love your attitude, look forward to seeing progress.
  • How old are we Mr. Geezer?

Nice wagon, nothing wrong with the gas mileage of the 1500's