seats

ok all. so the prelude seats are badass but look to be a pita to adapt. leWolf, are del sol seats easier to fab in than the prelude seats?
then i also talked to one of my guys at work... he said that theres a nice drivers seat my color (blue) at his local junkyard he goes to all the time.
we are going next week, but if the passenger seat is good and the drivers seat isnt you say it will work? guess its worth a try. ill check
it out

Comments

• sofastsofast New Wagonist
    I installed 90-93 Integra GS seats yesterday. Turned out nice. I wanted to keep the auto seat belts so the Teg was an obvious choice. I had to cut and weld a bracket from the Wago seat to the Teg seat and weld one end of the rail to the seat pan. Total time was 1.5 hours for both seats.
  • andys91andys91 Band Wagon
    Well the wagon seats were toast, worse than mine.
    So back to the prelude seats I have, I found a couple different links that gave me some more ideas.
    Haydz, thanks for the links, those worked. I found lots of links that arent working yet, maybe later. I've spent 2 weeks searching.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    You cant have searched very hard.
    Use the search function and all links it finds will work, only the quicklinks (up until now) were to ones not working

Also try use capital letters and hit the "enter" button when typeing a post, it makes it easier to read
    Well, thanks for the tips.
    Guess I need to remember high school English class, it's been 28 years since I had to use most of these skills.
    Sorry, I guess I'm not used to having to pass a class anymore.
    Anyway, I'll try to do better from now on.
    Like I said, I have searched for 2 weeks and really only found a few links that were helpful.
    If the quicklinks are working now, I promise I will go back and start all over.
    If this seems sarcastic, I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.
    (Sorry, Monty Python reference, for those too young to remember)
    Again, Thank You For Your Assistance!
    All Righty, the quicklinks work!
    Sorry, I had no idea!
    I have another weeks' worth of work to do!
    Thanks! I'm off!
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    No one except the Swedish Chef. Bring The Rack!
    What time is it in New Zealand?
    It's almost 1 am in Ohio, USA.
    Ok here goes nothing. This is the passenger side 91 Prelude seat and it is in the 91 rt wagon. Needs more work, it is a temporary setup.
    Solid with 3 bolts, but it will need finished.626.jpg
    another shot627.jpg
    Wagon rails, I did not use the risers/brackets above the rails. 628.jpg
    This is a better shot629.jpg
  • 231.jpg
    229.jpg

94 JDM Prelude Seats. Replaced all the stock wagon rails and mounts with my own fabbed up mounts. Super thick steel, cut, welded, and powdercoated, problem solved.
    NICE work, are they as comfy as they look?
    Also, that armrest is awesome, is there a writeup on that?
    I thought I had seen that before......here no doubt
  • No writeup on the armrest (I don't do write-ups much anyways). It was something I made a very long time ago with some plastic and wood.

As for the seats they are very comfortable, but they are going to be taken back out and tossed in favor of my stock seats, since there was nothing wrong with them to begin with. This was just a quick one day fabrication to show that it can be done very easily. Trying to mate wagon mounts with seat brackets always seemed the difficult way to do things when you can just cut up some thick metal, weld it, powdercoat it, and be done in one day.