My rt4wd EE4 Shuttle (with asthma) V.2 with JRSC!

Hi there guys :)
Jone is my name, and i live in Norway (yeah the "snowy", expensive and weird country on the other side ;) )

ive had a beat up 91 crapper of a shuttle for about a year now. bought it so i could park my CRX in the winter.

i managed to get it really cheap so that i couldnt say no, or i would say that cheap compared to the prices you have in the US.

4-5 hour roadtrip from the west to the south in the country and 1600 $ later i owned an ugly blue/brownish EE4.
worked like a charm all the way home, but with a faint smell of oil :oops:

this car was used by the previous owner on the same things i bought it for, fun in the snow. and it sure looks like it, put together in a big hurry with some really weird and dangerous solutions.

drove it for a couple of months until the turbo did want to work with me any more and started using alot of oil!

put it in my garage summer of 2011 and it's been stuck there since. the plan was to just change the turbo and use it through the winter and until it dies again. but thanks to a friend in Club Honda Norway that sent me a turbo that did have enough room in the enginebay its just been sitting there until we started fiddling with it a couple of months ago.

lets get on with some pics

one of the scary solutions under the hood that we found

74.jpg

what the hell!
75.jpg

what it looked like :-S
76.jpg

arrived at the garage
77.jpg

new front bumper since the old was cut to pieces for the crappy intercoolerjob from previous owner
78.jpg

some parts that needed replacing
79.jpg

got oil?
80.jpg
IMG_8724 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

nice powersteercooling?
81.jpg
IMG_8727 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

old vs new
82.jpg
IMG_8728 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

tight fit

83.jpg
IMG_9838 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

downpipetesting
84.jpg
downpipe by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

85.jpg
almost there by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

86.jpg

then when thing started to take form i saw a crack in the rear "crossmember"? (not sure what its called in english)
used a screwdriver on it and it went straight through. :( tried to find a new one and but couldnt so i was kinda ready to just wreck the car.. (im kinda like that) but i have pal thats a little different than me and he wanted a go

started cutting
87.jpg
rear by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

88.jpg
2012-04-15 15.59.11 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

89.jpg
2012-04-19 13.59.44 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

90.jpg
2012-04-19 14.00.07 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

91.jpg
2012-04-19 14.00.21 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

92.jpg
2012-04-20 13.47.28 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

93.jpg
2012-04-20 19.00.07 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

94.jpg
2012-04-28 13.34.58 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

95.jpg
2012-04-30 12.47.48 by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

and thats the last we've done. gonna get it on the car today and so i can move it.

PLANS:

there isnt to many shuttles here in norway and if we are talking modified ones i would say there is around 5 in the country (yes seriously)

*solve the biggest problems, which are:
-cooling. how to fit a radiator and intercooler now, turbo is to big to have the original one. and i want the intercooler to be as invisible as possible.
-rust. rear fenders are eaten up, and thanks to someone in here i have some new from a 91 sedan laying around, so trying to get them to fit.
-need to change some bushings
-lowering, the crx is getting some K-Sport coilovers so i think i wanna try the Supersport dampers and FK Performance springs on the EE4. you guys think that will work? what do i need? top hats? the springs lowers the CRX 40mm.
-Paint!
-buy Moates eprom, a computer logging cable, and innovate LC1 widebandlambda
-wheels

i have never done any of these things so EVERY tips, tricks, suggestions are HIGHLY appreciated, and sorry for my bad english!

see you guys

96.jpg
shuttleHDR interior by Jone K. Overland, on Flickr

Comments