COIN TRAY????

Has anyone south of the border tried to swap out there fuse panel cover board?? I know that the wagons in 90 and 91 in Canada came with the cointraybut the US wagons did not. I have two US wagons I imported, the 89 has the coin tray but my 91 AWD does not have one. I was hoping someone might have tried this swap. I know that the fuse panel covers are different on US version and the Canadian version of the wagon. Not sure if they are different behind the fuse panel cover.

Cheers

Comments

• duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    we used to own an 88 wagon and it has a cointray. then we sold that and purchased the 90 later for me to drive, and it didnt have one. i miss it. it'd be nice to have one back....if someone has done this swap, i'l e sure to be behind them
  • ThatDoodleThatDoodle Council Member
    88-89's came with the cointray and the flat fuse panel cover. The fuse panel cover is less wide than the 90-91. The 90-91 came with a bulkier and wider fuse panel with a cap on the dash where the cointray is supposed to go. I looked into swapping the fuse panel cover but the 88-89 bracketry looks different than my 91. I guess the brackets that the fuse panel cover holds onto could be swapped as well but i like my bulkier cover.
  • I thought I would give this a try as the 90 and 91's here in Canada all came with the coin tray. I have a friend that has a 90 with the cion tray and I will give it a close look. I will be sure to post the success if I indeed have some. If I do anyone wanting the parts of the Canadian Wagons, let me know.

Cheers
  • ludemanludeman Wagonist
    Has anyone had success with doing this? By looking I would assume a the 88-89 fuse panel cover would cure this issue assuming it fits correctly
  • I think hatchback coin trays might work.
  • I have a coin tray i just got and its like 3"short and in no way i can see able to work. Someone post pics of thos working please