Low and slooow. Vintage RHD Project.

Friday afternoon I bought a new toy. It's right hand drive, 50 horsepower, and all aluminum!

573.jpg

A 1969 Starcraft runabout. I've been coveting these for awhile. Since I sold the cuddy a couple weeks ago, i figure it's about time.

It's the sort of boat my Dad grew up with, so this makes it all worthwhile:

574.jpg

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Comments

• bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    And this boat is lighter than the wago-camper. You know what that means...

589.jpg

And it matches pebbles' '63 Lazy Days.

590.jpg
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    yes lets see her behind the wagon!
  • MattKoMattKo Wagonist
    I see a swap in the near future.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    turbo_teg wrote:
    yes lets see her behind the wagon!

This.
  • shinobishinobi Band Wagon
    smiley-vault-signs-016.gif +1
    I definitely plan to try towing with a wagon. I found old brochures online that state the weight of the hull sans motor at 440 pounds. I bet trailer and all is less than 1000.

No swaps here, I want to keep her in original trim. I am having issues with acceleration, probably fuel starvation. My buddy the boat mechanic has a HCW with inoperative AC...

You guess who's working on what!
  • MattKoMattKo Wagonist
    Sounds like a Bam-tech barter.
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    dude that is totally cool.
    Look what i found yesterday

667.jpg

I don't know if I brought this guy home with the boat, or if he was here and got up on there looking for dinner. There were a lot of rat droppings in the boat, it's been parked in a barn for a few years.
    I do know that he shed the skin in the last day or so, because it wasn't there when I last looked. Also it was still wet when I found it.

668.jpg

That's the shed as I found it. At left is a can of carb cleaner for reference. Snake is 6'plus and as big as your wrist.
  • jcchappyjcchappy Wagonist
    Looks to be a big black chicken snake from the pattern of the scales. I always love finding snakes in cars i'm working on...not they'll make you hit your head for sure when they start coming out.
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    That is a cool old boat.. Replaced that missing one from your backyard... Just a little smaller, so you won't have to rely on the Suburban.
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    Last one I found was six feet long and hanging from the eaves of the house at the front of the carport.... I don't know how it got there. And it had rattles, so....
    1030.jpg

And it is a good bit lighter than the camper. I'll be towing it to the lake this afternoon as soon as i get off.
  • ^ That is awesome!
  • NCxEE4NCxEE4 Wagonist
    Love it, all it needs now is to be paint matched to the wagon and a set of fat fives for the trailer, and maybe some Civic Wagon badges on the boat itself.
  • jimmy 427jimmy 427 Band Wagon
    there it is now that looks bitchen:cool: