ej8 j32a2/3 frankenbeast!!! pic intense...

so its coming down to the last few weeks of my build... its been a very long time in the making since i have a budget i must stick too.. here are some pics... i started with an automatic j32a2 auto from an 02 tl type s... its the cable driven and not the dbw (drive by wire)... so it requires a tad less technology to get it up and runnning and tuned... then i came into a deal. my buddy hooked me up with a j32a3 assembled shortblock and as you can see the domes are much higher than the j32a2. and so since the j32a3 is a drive by wire motor i used the j32a3 internals (crankshaft, pistons, domes, with brand new oem bearings) in my j32a2 block with the stock type s heads. now my concern is my compression may be a bit higher than i had anticipated so no shaving heads or getting the j32a2 (03 cl-s cams which are the only true manual cams in the cable driven (99-03) motors)... here are more pics for you guys

Comments

• Jimmy427Jimmy427 Band Wagon
    now that is what i call an engine swap.
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    nice stuff. what do u THINK the comp. ratio is gunna be? e85 maybe...
  • Jimmy427Jimmy427 Band Wagon
    I dont know but the size of those pistion domes that he is running has to be above 9.5 depending also
    on the cc's of the combustion chamber of the heads if i new that i can figure out that question
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Dude.. That should be fun!
  • Jimmy427 wrote:
    I dont know but the size of those pistion domes that he is running has to be above 9.5 depending also
    on the cc's of the combustion chamber of the heads if i new that i can figure out that question

the base model j32a1 (99-03 tl/cl cable driven motors) run a 9.5:1 c/r, the type-s model j32a2 (99-03 cable driven motors) run a 10.5:1 c/r, and the j32a3 in the 04 model (dbw drive by wire) run an 11:1 c/r

so according to my very handy source and guide up in new york who has been doing j swaps for about 2 years now says i should be looking somewhere around 12:1 which is higher than i planned but will be amazingly fun.
    turbo_teg wrote:
    nice stuff. what do u THINK the comp. ratio is gunna be? e85 maybe...

yes im looking into that or a toulene/premium mix or c16 race gas or maybe the new pure gas if that will do the trick... we just got a pure gas station here in jax,fl...
  • kylerwhokylerwho Wagonist
    what about looking for a j35a4 crank and rod from a honda odyssey to make a stroker motor? there is a guy up here running something like that with a 11.5:1 compression and the torque pull is unbelievable.
  • would have been a good idea but i bought the j32a3 shortblock assembled for 100. couldnt pass it up and this will do the exact same thing as the 3.5 internals. ive talked to don at rpm systems and he told me that the power difference between the j35 and the j32a3 wouldnt be enough to notice or worth paying the extra money for the j35 guts to boot! thats why... now i would have spent the extra if it wasnt so unbelievably expensive for the j37 and stroked it that way...