Which bushings to replace before getting an alignment

I owned this car for about a month now and am wanting to get the alignment done so I don't roast my new tires. What bushings shoudl I look into replacing to insure the suspension is nice and straight? I know the rear trailing arms are shot form what Honda told me but what else should be done. Also while I'm in there should I look at replacing tie rod ends or any other hardware? I'm assuming everything on the car is original and it has 230k miles.

Comments

• Tie-rods balljoints, trailing arms, compensatior arms, rear lca, etc... etc...

Also, make sure to grab a Chilton's or Haynes manual since they tend to have most of the req'd maintenance clustered close in chapters on specific areas and such.
  • jasnalljasnall Wagonist
    So pretty much everything :lol: I've got a Chiltons, I'll flip through there and see what it says. I can only assume 230k miles is past due for all bushings.

Also I'm trying to figure out what and where I should get replacement bushings from. I've read most of the bushings post on this forum and know that I will not be going with poly still upgrades. I just want OEM replacements with a stock feel. If I lower it at all it would be max 2" or so. Are the basic AutoZone Duralast style bushings the best way to go for people want a decent OEM replacement without paying dealer prices?
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    a good shop wont align your car if they can wiggle the wheels up/down or left/right. basically there should be zero slop in them. a shitty shop will align it regardless and just take your money.
  • jasnalljasnall Wagonist
    Ya I went to Honda for an alignment and they said no, then handed me a quote for $400+ to fix the rear trailinng arm bushings :evil:
    Hmm I may just get the black hyper flex kit from enregy suspension, Part Number: 16.18102G. Then piece together the other bushings, Duralast rubber style. Thoughts?