our tahitian green ef hatch.

Bought this car a few years back with a blown head gasket for 600 bucks. Most of the interior was in boxes as the owner previous to the guy I bought it from had stripped it down to make a full on autox car. when that guy had it, I bought the seats and had them sitting at my house as he was gonna do race seats. After the second guy bought it, he drove it around for a year or so. I had bought some stuff from this guy too and told him if he ever sold it, I wanted dibbs. So as soon as it broke down, he gave me a call. Went over and picked it up non running and just shoved it into my backyard till i had some time to mess with it. A few months later, I replaced the head gasket and took it home for christmas where a friend got a few snaps of it. Obviously, after seeing the back bumper, I knew the head gasket wasnt the only problem.

At this point mods were tenzo lowering springs, SiR spoiler, SiR corner lights, wagon sides, wagon splashguards, DA lip on rear, a DA armrest inside and floormats rounded off the inside. Gofast mods were a SS megan header, custom 2.25 catback, aem cai, Tenzo lower tiebar, and a set of skunk2 strutbars. drove the rest of winter burning oil, lol.
883.jpg
884.jpg

come spring, the wife and I were looking for a car to race and decided to put together a ST car. Since these cars own the class nationally, it seemed like a no brainer. punched teh motor out .20 overbore and rebuilt with all honda replacement parts.
885.jpg
886.jpg
887.jpg

Before the engine rebuild the prior season giving the oil burner a run when we still raced SMF.
aug14thrace21.jpg

The car was awesome with the rebuild motor. Id never had a fresh d16a6. its easy to see why these cars got so popular in the late 80's. Pretty damn peppy in stock form. we set a few records at our local hillclimb right after the rebuild then decided to go to a hillclimb in Polaris Montana. We set the ST and STL records that weekend, but the wife lost control on one her last runs and took the car offroad. So I spent the winter months replacing all the front suspension and a few of the body parts just ot get it mobile again. in the process, I installed a complete ES bushing kit, replaced the ss megan header that was damaged with a ceremic DC 4-2-1, and added SPC adjustable balljoints in front. Once I got it aligned and knew everything was true again a good deal on a set of Omnipower full bodied coilovers from a 92+ civic presented itsself. So i picked up those and installed with ST dropforks.We started teh season out running a bump class that included all the local ST classes we call XD. It basically puts you against all street tire cars with your PAX score being the decider each day. A few pix from early last season.
554.jpg
888.jpg

Then I picked up some oldschool 92's. Thought I was gonna put race rubber on these and run'em, but with 205's on a 20 offset, that was a nogo. these will end up on my wagon ;)
915.jpg

then got these wheels from member Jay Tee. wheels came with Falken 615's.
6.jpg

then a bunch of our friends decided to have a carshow last August, so i decided to do all the little crap Id been putting off since I got the car and enter it in the show. Started off with a new windshield and fresh paint on wiperarms and mirrors.
889.jpg
resprayed calipers/rotors/ustshields. before/after...
890.jpg
891.jpg
behind the wheel.
892.jpg
colormatched vc with ok results.
893.jpg
Added lower center console that was given to me for free. Installed Momo Evo steering wheel and quick release adapter.
894.jpg
and a antennae blockoff plate.
895.jpg

Got rid of the omnipower coilovers for the standard ST setup, yellows and gc's.
896.jpg
discovered you can go pretty low with the setup, lol.
897.jpg

I have a buddy thats really into photography, but he had never shot still cars before so he offered to take a few snaps. I figured since it was still clean from the show, that the timing was perfect, lol.
898.jpg
899.jpg
900.jpg
901.jpg
902.jpg
536.jpg

these pix were taken from my wife at one of our local time attacks.
903.jpg
904.jpg
905.jpg
906.jpg
907.jpg

One of our last autox's this season. love this pic.
292.jpg

Most recent pi, lol. went to work at 6am (not one flake on ground), came out at 2pm and find this.
908.jpg

this was the hillclimb in Montana.
909.jpg

Comments

• CharbCharb Administrator
    That thing is dope, Shea!

Always wanted a 4g Si.... super jealous!
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    love this car... love tahiti green!!!

wheres the thread for the white one???
  • This photo is LEGIT! i approve and i really dont even like the color...or the wheels, but i approve because you use them for what they're meant for...racing....not a hardparking som'bitch!

898.jpg

Jane approves!
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    BillBoard wrote:

page 2
  • Charb1618 wrote:
    BillBoard wrote:

page 2

make him find it for himself...he needs more practice.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    503Wagon wrote:
    Charb1618 wrote:
    BillBoard wrote:

page 2

make him find it for himself...he needs more practice.

what the fuck is the internet...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2LpJAD5AqQ
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    lol, thanks guys. appreciate the love for my snatchie!
    503Wagon wrote:
    This photo is LEGIT! i approve and i really dont even like the color...or the wheels, but i approve because you use them for what they're meant for...racing....not a hardparking som'bitch!

Ya, people are really hit and miss with the color. They either love it or hate it, not to many people on the fence about it. I looked for years and years for a clean one in this color. Ive always been drawn to it even before I got the honda bug. i remember stopping while out riding my me bike around and looking at a dx while I was still a chevy guy and looking inside and noticing the seats wernt as nice as the last one I had seen...that day is when it clicked...gotta look for that Si badge ;)

oh, and Ill pass on the photo props. He will appreciate that..so thanks! this is the same guy that took that badass pic of my wagon rallying...chuckin mud out the sie 20+ feet in the air, lol.

ya Bill, i see you found the white hatch thread (prolly all by yourself huh? lmao). I need to do some updates to it. ive added a few things since the last update.