Brake light on....and won't go off.

my brake light has been on since i bought my car... (the light is in the intrument cluster). is there a way to shut it off? i took out the e-brake boot/housing and scanned the circuits, and they are all fine-looking. just the light says on all the time, even when the brake is down...(duh). is there anything i can do about it?? thanks dudes... :D

Comments

• HaydzHaydz Moderator
    under the brake pedal is a little button that is pressed as you push the brake down... maybe make sure the button isn't stuck in or something?
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    i checked that, and it is fine. it must be in the line, or the gaude cluster is jacked...
  • You've, uh, checked to see if you have enough fluid in the master cylinder...?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Also, when checking the fluid, if its low, don't just top it up because your brake pads may have worn down, making more room for fluid... ;)

Check the pads, if they are fine then top it up (if it needs topping up)...
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    HA HA HA. i somehow passed the idea of the main brakes. i thought that the light was only for the e-brake telling you that it was up.... but yeah, my pads are worn and the fluid is low...which i knew since i bought the car. just never got around to it yet. haha. ok..well, that makes sense. (i feel like a dumbass again)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

thanks guys.