ECU??????????????????

Can anyone tell me if the ECU out of an 1989 Integtra is a direct fit into a 1991 AWD Wagon? I recently installed a Rover DOHC D16A8 and I was told it would be benificial to upgrade to the Intergra ECU. Looking at the two ECU's they have a different bolt pattern and the Led Code light is in different locations. Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS

Comments

• HaydzHaydz Moderator
    If it is a PG7 it will be fine.
  • It is a PG7 but I don't think it will bolt up to the chasis on the wagon. How do you get it to bolt up to the Wagon chasis???
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    No idea. :P

All i know is that it will plugin and work better than the crap PM6.

I run a PM7 in my Shuttle which bolts in no problems.
  • Yeah I plugged it in and it made a world of difference. I can really feel it kick around 3000 RPM. I thought maybe I could swap circuit boards between the PM6 and PM7. Use the PM7 circuit board with the PM6 housing?? Then I could have the carpet sit flat on the floor. But man that PM7 made a big difference!
  • allmotrwagnallmotrwagn New Wagonist
    i have a chip that i got along time ago still in the pack with a socket for a pm6 computer if anyone is intreasted ill sell for 20 bucks it is a chrome programmed chip its better than the pg7 setup not as bad on gas mileage and better timing setup. L8r Jeremy
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    AWD Wagon wrote:
    Yeah I plugged it in and it made a world of difference. I can really feel it kick around 3000 RPM. I thought maybe I could swap circuit boards between the PM6 and PM7. Use the PM7 circuit board with the PM6 housing?? Then I could have the carpet sit flat on the floor. But man that PM7 made a big difference!

Don't you mean PG7? :wink:

PM7 bolts in and fits fine.

Theres three - PM6, PM7 and PG7.

The PM6 is from the Wagon and some other models, the PG7 is from the Integra and the PM7 is from JDM Civic/CRX Si with DOHC ZC.
  • You' re right I did mean PG7. I used the housing on the PM6 and used the circuit board out of the PG7. In order to see the code light I used a piece of plexi glass and cut it to fit the top half of the ECU. This way I was able to bolt the Integra ECU in and have a proper fit in the chasis. Thanks for all the advice.

Cheers