wanna make the wagon do 14's w/ a sohc.

jus want to show the big dohc boys that the sohc can hang and smoke a couple of them. this is what i got to start w/ z6 head complete and ecu. this project wont start till summer do to it being cold lately. so let me know what else i can put into it to achieve this so i can represent the WAGONS.

Comments

• shenrieshenrie Council Member
    Theres numorous sohc turboed D-series Civics around here that have run 12's and put the smackdown to the dohc's. Not a hard thing to do. What block are you palnning on using?
  • i think thers a crx some where east coast 11s. i would love to have something that fast but i am not rich and have three kids so. jus want to be jus a little quick but who knows thats what we all say. i would love to turbo my car. ill be using the d16a6 block.
  • curtcurt Wagonist
    this is what i would love to do to my wagon
    http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1886449
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    curt wrote:
    this is what i would love to do to my wagon
    http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1886449

my buddy just sold one of those kits too bad i think it was only a few bills.
  • i have a friend with a mini me set up turbo'd in a crx that runs 13.00 constitantly its not hard to do plus d series stuff is cheap. its a homemade turbo kit too. he does have the benefit of a dyno at his disposale though.
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    keep in mind that a wagon is NOT a crx. I used to have a CRX HF w/ sohc vtec which was a nice quick car. the ONLY reason it was quick was because it was 1850lbs. A wagon has typically about 400-500lbs added onto that. And the aerodynamics of a wagon are similar to that of a brick wall.

It can be done... but why! Put in a stock b20, or a good condition dohc zc with bolt ons and have nice reliable torque for those alaska mountains. You'll retain your gas milage and reliability. And if you lose those, then you've lost your way.

my .02.
  • the zc is fast no doubt i already had one i mean i still got one. i want the sohc 4wd to be jus as fast.
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    a zc bolts up to your 4wd tranny. it's a bolt in affair, the easiest swap you can do pretty much.

i/h/e, some ecu work and you've got a great little engine.