New Here...Lots of Questions

Ok...I'm on the Hunt for a Wagon right now....I been doing a lil bit or researching and have lots of questions. I'll just put what i want and what im looking for and hoping you guys can help me out...

-I want an AWD Wagon...ok so that means the RT4WD...
-I want to swap out the SOHC and put in a B Series...easy enough...
-Now i want to Still have a B Series and AWD..( pretty much i want to launch off the line like an EVO or WRX )
-Now i want to Turbo the B series and reach around 300 Hp...Easy Enough..
-Now can i have a Turbo B Series w/300 Hp and Still have AWD...That is my Question. If that is not possible, that make my search of looking for a RT4WD end and just end up with a 2WD Wagon. If it is possible, would the axles hold up to that HP? I think 300HP in a Wagon would be sufficient enough to hand some people there asses on the track.....
-Or do a SOHC RT4WD Turbo set-up and reach 300 HP....

But B Series/Wire Tuck/Boost is so sexy in Engine Bays....

Help hahahahaahahahahahaah

Comments

• JDMshuttleJDMshuttle Senior Wagonist
    SOHC RT4WD Turbo you can see around 250hp but go sohc vtec turbo
    B-Series Turbo 4wd not gonna happen unless you got chedder. CRV AWD 5speed then all the modds to fit it together.
    can the car handle 300+ Hp yes
    hope that helps
    good luck :D

GO K-SERIES i think that me and DR CHARLES are the only people to ever put 1 in a WAGON SKUNK2 FTW
    34.jpg
  • SLeePERSLeePER New Wagonist
    SO i could swap out the Engine, throw in a D16 from any EX or 93-95 Si hatch and boost it keeping the AWD..Now when will the AWD be engaged the entire time. I read that it only kicks in when the front tires loose traction. But then i read there is a switch or something you can hit to turn the AWD on the entire time...I kinda got lost there LOL...

As for AWD B series. a B20 is pretty easy to find. Now what else would i need to made the B20 AWD Compatible.

As far a a K20...It would be kick ass but honeslty, i never thought it was worth it to spend so much on the engine then the rest of the parts to install it. Looking at $6K-$8k when i could do a Turbo Sohc and reach the same HP for way less...The K Series are Sick ass SWAPS though and put down mad numbers all motor. My friends RSX is in the top 10 in the US for HP wise in the RSX. He lays down 503 WHP right now and re-doing his set-up and going bigger. He wants like 700 now ahahahaah.....
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    the b20?awd has been done, but in a del sol. the guy used parts from the RT4WD CR-V and the RT4WD wagon. the parts were interchanged, the link is around here somewhere
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    Sick. Is that K wagon awd?

If you want info on b-series awd swap, just let me know. I got mine done a while ago.
    shenrie wrote:
    Sick. Is that K wagon awd?

If you want info on b-series awd swap, just let me know. I got mine done a while ago.

i just got done reading your threads, might have misse done or 2..Is there a Completed Thread in here of your B20 Swap? Along with Pics ? How much was the grand total after it was said and done...Im guessing $3-4K or so? or was it much much more....
    Well shit....If i dont do that..Im thinking a SOHC Vtec Swap...Already got a place to pick one up locally. And Boost that shit. Take it down to Tony Palos in Dallas or have it STOOPID Tuned in Houston....My how the plot can thicken....

Inputs please
    NO that is not a K AWD it is just a K24
    modds
    K24a
    RSX type S trans
    milled and deck head and block for higher comp
    1 off SKUNK2 stg 3 cams
    1 off cut and ported Intake manifold to fit in a wagon
    1 off header made by DR CHARLES of SKUNK2
    HASport mount kit for EF cut to fit a wagon by DR.CHARLES himself
    1 off SKUNK2 T/body
    Greddy Exhaust
    HONDATA S300
    SWap cost $3k did all the work ourselves

HP:228.6 Trq:183.2 whatcha know about a Kseries in a wagon :?:
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    hehe... lovin this.

Ok realisticly if you want to a) retain 4WD and or/lock AWD b) make up to 300hp c) not go over 6-8k; then you'd be looking at B20 turbo.

To my knowledge Shenrie is the only one who has tried the B series RT4WD conversion and is the only person with the knowledge of the specific positioning and adjustments that are required.
    Damn now that's what im talking about. But sems like you and Dr. Charles get down like that so you had the resources already good to go. You have any more pics of the Install....So you Paid $3,000 for the engine, harness, blah blah blah and installed yourself? Installing myself is not the issue, its sourcing the parts and such where it becomes a pain in the ass. So i assume since you have a custome Header, that the stock K series header will not work nor will and other aftermarket header. Is there enough room to throw in a turbo set-up down the road with the K series.....

Props to you and hands down...Plain fuckin Sick...You got my mind all jumbled now...I sourced out a 91 2wd Wagon for $650 and not running with awesome exterior. 5 hours drive and thinking about picking it up....

Please keep the opinions coming......
    Sorry for being such a noob to the wagon game but im so fuckin intrigued.....
  • SWap cost $3k did all the work ourselves
    i wouldnt doubt you but you must have some good hookups and livin in cali never hurt cause thats a mighty low price ...
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    you can get your single slammer to a safe 250hp. if it were me i would do a mild build on a dohc zc motor and have my tranny rebuilt as well and boost about 10-12lbs daily and hopefully make around 300whp. a 4wd b-sereis wagon would be tits but its harder that it looks and if i went through all that trouble and began to just break expensive hard to find parts like crv trannies and rear ends i would be pissed off. this is why i have sold most of my b-sereis crap to pay off bills so that soon i can afford a TT supra or an EVO..... what ever u do good luck
    Well...Thinking of Going K Series now after thinking about it...
    Hoping to drive to texas here soon and pick up the wagon 1st.
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    the chances of handing a sti or evo some ownage are difficult at best. The RT platform on the wagons were never designed for this. YAW controls & more brute platforms as opposed to a fuel-saving design are seriously dating the RT, the evo has been around for almost 2 decades, Subaru has been doin awd turbo for just as long.
    They're pure rally cars, different cars.

The best way to do this is to see what others have done and engineer quality improvement into the vehicle. Thats, why we're here, to help each other as a community. Learn.

Remember, even those rally cars are NOT bulletproof.

Anything making 300+ horsepower in a awd or 4wd system will have a weak link.

Shenrie's setup is the way to go, B swap CRV style & pull out your $$$
    sic944t wrote:
    SWap cost $3k did all the work ourselves
    i wouldnt doubt you but you must have some good hookups and livin in cali never hurt cause thats a mighty low price ...
    i used to work for SKUNK2 and i have been doing this for years
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    yep, jdmshuttle & the DR. ain't n00bs to the scene

I appreciate their work & vision
    Thanks Frank. well i have to swap the wagon again Spun a Rod Bearing in New Mexico and had to flatbed the car to El Paso Tx. cost $400 bucks to get the car home but i have back up i just bought a CD7 before i moved now im in Texas for afew months then im going back to Cali. so i think its time for the K or something i dont know yet i wanna swap a K in the Accord we will see
    ZC only had around 14k total on the build bought it with a little over 12k im glad i didnt spend to much might be selling D-series parts
    Skunk2
    UGR
    BDL
    parts might be for sale soon :?: