i got the first 4wd engine mounts from innovative mounts

Comments

• Still no pics on their website.
    Anyone have any ?
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    no pics, but they look like engine mounts.
  • Please PM me a price for these mounts... are they billet or steel?

Edit: i see they are steel mounts, can you please let me know what they would cost through you?
  • well since i dont think the OP is ever going to respond i Just called innovative

the kit they sell for our car is a 3 pc kit, both sides and the rear... its $250, if you want the front mount youve got to buy the front mount made for their special aftermarket front crossmember (i was assured that it would bolt up to our factory location) and its $120

link to the kit http://www.innovativemounts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=19153

link to the front mount http://www.innovativemounts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=19141
  • It's a shame innovate don't think pics are needed on their site.
  • EDwEFprtsEDwEFprts Senior Wagonist
    Jaker wrote:
    ...a balance bar dual MC setup...
    what is that?
  • It's a race car part that has 2 side by side master cylinders mounted to a bracket with a linkage arrangement that permits you to move the pivot point from left to right and vice versa so you can alter the pressure distribution in the braking system from front to rear.

Unfortunately the system I bought doesn't fit in it's current configuration, so I'm working with the fabricator to come up with a solution:

850.jpg
  • sobe_deathsobe_death New Wagonist
    ENDYN blower?
  • Yup.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    sorry but i finally got a digital camera again.

i should be able to take pics this weekend. ill post as soon as i can.
  • 300zx300zx Wagonist
    Any pictures yet?
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    Way to bring up an old thread! Almost a year old.
  • And we still have no information. Can we get these? I am calling innovative tomorrow.
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    PM Stampern. I'm sure he can still get them.
  • stampernstampern Senior Wagonist
    Yes, I can get them if you are interested in a set. No photos yet.
  • I have the innovative mounts front crossmember installed, but didn't buy the front mount with it, and my car has been down since that install. I wonder if I'll need a special innovative (i.e. not their standard EF front mount) front mount for the RT?
  • jt223539jt223539 New Wagonist
    superhatch wrote:
    I have the innovative mounts front crossmember installed, but didn't buy the front mount with it, and my car has been down since that install. I wonder if I'll need a special innovative (i.e. not their standard EF front mount) front mount for the RT?

You will need the D-series front mount from them. Not sure if any other company will work, so I went with there mount when I installed it.

I went ahead and bought these Innovative mounts for my RT4wd. I have some good news and bad news about them.

Good News: Mounts look amazing, received them very quickly, and 2 of the 3 mounts fit really well.

Bad News: The transmission mount, the one that counts, did not fit. I am unsure if it was a manufacturing error, or the mount was designed wrong.

I contacted Innovative on Friday, A guy named Tim told me to email him some pictures. I did and still have yet to hear anything back from Innovative. I am going to call them back tomorrow and see what is going on. I will post back in this thread with what I find out.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    they are a tight fit. it does need a little persuasion, why, because the old mounts are just old. they tend to move a little after years of use. also these are aftermarket units. so unless its completely off alignment, you might just need to shift the block a little with a helper while installing them.
  • Isn't the only mount that is actually different the passenger mount? My drivers side mount and rear mount look just like the ones in my other ef's. I know the fronts are slightly different.

Anybody have any pictures of these mounts? My factory mounts are wasted and I am in need asap.
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    jt223539 wrote:
    superhatch wrote:
    I have the innovative mounts front crossmember installed, but didn't buy the front mount with it, and my car has been down since that install. I wonder if I'll need a special innovative (i.e. not their standard EF front mount) front mount for the RT?

You will need the D-series front mount from them. Not sure if any other company will work, so I went with there mount when I installed it.

I went ahead and bought these Innovative mounts for my RT4wd. I have some good news and bad news about them.

Good News: Mounts look amazing, received them very quickly, and 2 of the 3 mounts fit really well.

Bad News: The transmission mount, the one that counts, did not fit. I am unsure if it was a manufacturing error, or the mount was designed wrong.

I contacted Innovative on Friday, A guy named Tim told me to email him some pictures. I did and still have yet to hear anything back from Innovative. I am going to call them back tomorrow and see what is going on. I will post back in this thread with what I find out.

ever hear back from innovative? I was just about to call and found this thread first.
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    I'm curious as well. I love the way 75As feel in my s2000. Totally changed the cars attitude. the change in the crispness of the shifter was the most noticeable
  • So, did anything ever come of this?

I have a crapped out passenger trans mount and don't really know where to turn for it. As far as I've seen there seems to be no OE replacement or anything at all to work from other than these guys, but I really don't want to buy another whole set of mounts.
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    I went ahead and bought some for mine, will be going in when i swap to a z6 in the next month or two
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Has anyone tried out the Innovative front mount yet? By the looks of it it should bolt up, but the bracket they provide with the mount is not needed. It also looks like it only uses 1 bolt on the transmission.

Innovative
    285.jpg

Stock
    http://tinypic.com/r/2ewme13/5
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    i installed a set of the 60a's in my wagon. its in the shop getting the last of the fabwork done, so i cant say how I like them yet, but they were pretty easy to install and fit well.
  • RadioRaccoonRadioRaccoon New Wagonist
    Hate to revive an old thread, but i PM'd stampern, no response. Are These still available through innovative? last time i checked their website the page for the RT4WD mounts was gone
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Hate to revive an old thread, but i PM'd stampern, no response. Are These still available through innovative? last time i checked their website the page for the RT4WD mounts was gone

http://www.innovativemounts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=19153

there you go :)
  • RadioRaccoonRadioRaccoon New Wagonist
    Thanks! I for the life of me could not find them :p
  • I've been curious. Are these mounts for the RT4WD drivetrain in the RT4WD chassis, or are they for the RT4WD drivetrain in the ED chassis?

Isn't the passenger side chassis mount in a different location compared to the ED's?
  • Rt4wd have a extra mount.