1996 RD1 Honda CRV now 1998 Manual CRV

123457»

Comments

• So I just picked up a 99 CR-V. Manual and all.....What wing is that? Is it an optional wing or...and what the heck is the thing hanging off your rear glass?

I'm looking at ordering the OMU kit for mine, do you know anyone who has used it personally? I've read great reviews but no-one i've known personally has ran them.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Factory JDM Wing
    Factory JDM Reversing Mirror (useless dont bother, gets in the way and does nothing)

Heard of OME springs but dont know anything about them, cant say Ive ever seen another lifted CR-V in NZ. Im using Cobra springs (http://cobrasprings.co.nz/) and apart from being very difficult to get on due the high spring rate and lots of preload they have been fine
  • 90 RT4WD (Cody)90 RT4WD (Cody) Senior Wagonist
    503Wagon wrote: »
    So I just picked up a 99 CR-V. Manual and all.....What wing is that? Is it an optional wing or...and what the heck is the thing hanging off your rear glass?

I'm looking at ordering the OMU kit for mine, do you know anyone who has used it personally? I've read great reviews but no-one i've known personally has ran them.

It also looks like a factory USDM wing.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    shit balls. I want that useless mirror for some reason!
  • BillBoard wrote: »
    shit balls. I want that useless mirror for some reason!

Because JDM yo.
    Might as well get the even more useless fender mirror as well! Yet another mirror you cant see shit out of and I would remove if it wasnt for the holes it would leave behind :p
    Havnt done anything to this really, just been using it over summer for what I bought it for, adventuring! I even washed it for the first time in months too

I had last friday off work so loaded up one of the Kayak's and headed over to the beach (5-10mins away):
    506.jpg

And the weekend prior I loaded up the MTB and did a ride up through the forest before stopping by the same beach for a swim on the way home:
    507.jpg

I also have a towbar to fit, just stripping back the old paint on it so I can tidy it up before drilling some holes and bolting it up. Due to renovations to the house it will be useful to be able to borrow my Dad's trailer to get supplies
    Went for a weekend away, back up the Mountain but in summer:
    26.jpg20150228_125711 by db8.typer, on Flickr
    Were I popped the question to my now Fiance:
    27.jpg20150228_184957 by db8.typer, on Flickr

Then the CR-V must have been feeling lonely as on the drive back to where we were staying there was a couple gear changes that it was very difficult to get into gear. Then it came right.
    Stopped at the Motel, then a couple hours went to go out for dinner and it wouldnt start, just a single "clunk" when you turn the key. We got a taxi and left it till the next day (we are 200kms from home at this point).

As it turns out a big piece of clutch plate ripped off and jammed into the starter motor meaning I couldnt start it. Pulled the starter out and cleared it out and got it doing but now the clutch slips, so I nursed it home and it sits like this:
    28.jpg20150303_174812 by db8.typer, on Flickr

Now I get to change the clutch, yay me haha
  • 97CRV97CRV Band Wagon
    NZ-DB8R wrote: »
    Was just giving this a clean and having a good look over it and on top of the OEM picnic table in the boot that I knew about I also found that the seats fold flat into a bed! How cool is that!

was wondering if you still have this CRV looking for some info on the rear bed seat
  • 97CRV97CRV Band Wagon
    was wondering if you still have this CRV looking for some info on the rear bed seat
    edited May 2020

Long time no forum. No sold this CRV 3 years ago