SiR front on Wagon

Hey guys,

So I wrecked my beloved 91' Wagon yesterday. It looks like I'll need to replace my radiator support, right head light, fender and hood. I'm debating about going JDM/SiR front since I need to replace all those things anyways. Does the JDM/SiR front end bolt directly? I haven't seen any documentations on this notifications searching on Google. I do see there has been a few Wagons that has had this done.

Any advice, tips, suggestions would be appreciated!

Comments

• I have a friend on town with a EF hatch that did a full RHD front end swap and I know there are a lot of differences with that. I don't remember them all but he was going down a whole big list of differences when he was showing it to me. From what I remember, if you get ALL of the right parts, it bolts on. I think you need the entire front end though. Hood, headlights, turn signals, t-bracket, bumper, fenders, and the little piece that fills in between the bumper and headlights.

But that's on an EF. I have no idea if that all still applies to an EE. I would guess that it does.
  • SCPOWSCPOW Band Wagon
    daderaide wrote: »
    I have a friend on town with a EF hatch that did a full RHD front end swap and I know there are a lot of differences with that. I don't remember them all but he was going down a whole big list of differences when he was showing it to me. From what I remember, if you get ALL of the right parts, it bolts on. I think you need the entire front end though. Hood, headlights, turn signals, t-bracket, bumper, fenders, and the little piece that fills in between the bumper and headlights.

But that's on an EF. I have no idea if that all still applies to an EE. I would guess that it does.

I figured all those front end parts were needed but I needed some confirmation from guys who have done it before. Which USDM parts can I use? Do I need JDM radiator support?
  • I know him from a local car meet up on sundays. I'll ask him next week for the run down and post back here with any info. He's also an admin on this facebook group if you want to ask there, I'm sure you'll get the info you need. https://www.facebook.com/groups/reddoorsmeet/
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    The fenders and hood are wagon specific, this topic has actually been covered many times and should be in one of the stickies. In short, hatchback, sedan and CRX body parts will NOT bolt on directly. Headlights are about the only thing that are interchangeable on your list.
  • SCPOWSCPOW Band Wagon
    wagodizzle wrote: »
    The fenders and hood are wagon specific, this topic has actually been covered many times and should be in one of the stickies. In short, hatchback, sedan and CRX body parts will NOT bolt on directly. Headlights are about the only thing that are interchangeable on your list.

I looked at the stickies and did not see a thread about this conversion. So I would need a JDM front that came from a Wagon to ensure everything bolts up? I've been trying to find more information. I've messaged a few members but have not gotten any luck on replies.
  • SCPOWSCPOW Band Wagon
    daderaide wrote: »
    I know him from a local car meet up on sundays. I'll ask him next week for the run down and post back here with any info. He's also an admin on this facebook group if you want to ask there, I'm sure you'll get the info you need. https://www.facebook.com/groups/reddoorsmeet/

Hey any leads? I haven't found any concrete information.
    as a general rule, every single body panel on the wagon is wagon specific.

There is no difference between a USDM and JDM/EDM front end on the wagons as far as hood and fenders is concerned. about the only difference is the JDM/EDM ones have sidemarkers in the fenders which can easily be obtained on their own and installed in USDM fenders

So once again:

...hatchback, sedan and CRX body parts will NOT bolt on directly... (or at all, for the matter)
  • wagodizzle wrote: »

There is no difference between a USDM and JDM/EDM front end on the wagons as far as hood and fenders is concerned. about the only difference is the JDM/EDM ones have sidemarkers in the fenders which can easily be obtained on their own and installed in USDM fenders

So once again:

...hatchback, sedan and CRX body parts will NOT bolt on directly... (or at all, for the matter)

All the above is correct. The only thing that I would add is that the Shuttle RTi Limited had super cool lights in the front bumper. Good luck finding that for under a couple grand though! https://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?427-SiWagon-FYI-88-91(-96)JDM-Wagon-Options-amp-PARTS/page2
  • ^ that RTi post is from 2009. Good luck even finding one for sale. I've been searching for one for a while with no luck.
  • SCPOWSCPOW Band Wagon

So once again:

Maybe I wasn't being clear in my original post. I want to use the SiR/JDM front bumper from the EF9 Civic on the Wagon. Would this bumper bolt up and line with the Wagon hood, etc?

And if I need to replace my radiator support could I use one from a civic hatch, crx? Or does it have to be Wagon specific? I will definitely need to unbolt and probably undo all the pinch welds to get the damaged radiator support oiut, correct?
    Ah yes. That changes things.

You can use a JDM front bumper as long as you use the wagon bumper filler strip.
    If you're talking about the T-support for the radiator, it is bolted on and comes off easily. I believe this is the same as the hatchback and sedan ones. The bulkhead that houses the headlights is pinch welded and that is wagon specific.
  • SCPOWSCPOW Band Wagon
    Ah yes. That changes things.

You can use a JDM front bumper as long as you use the wagon bumper filler strip.
    If you're talking about the T-support for the radiator, it is bolted on and comes off easily. I believe this is the same as the hatchback and sedan ones. The bulkhead that houses the headlights is pinch welded and that is wagon specific.

Wagon bumper filler strip? Which piece is it? That's great because I thought to use that bumper I would need fenders, hood..

This is the damage to my car - I believe a new radiator support (or is it a T support) should fix it.

20181222_110805_zps0rohertd.jpg

20181222_110759_zps1e40qotl.jpg
  • The strip is the top piece on the bumper that is below the headlights.
  • SCPOWSCPOW Band Wagon
    The strip is the top piece on the bumper that is below the headlights.

I assumed it was that piece but I didn't want to guess. Thanks for confirming
  • I do know that the front and rear sub-frame are the same as other 4th gen civics so I would assume that the radiator support pieces are the same.
    superhatch wrote: »
    I do know that the front and rear sub-frame are the same as other 4th gen civics so I would assume that the radiator support pieces are the same.

The front sub-frame is the same, but the rear is not.
  • SCPOWSCPOW Band Wagon
    The front sub-frame is the same, but the rear is not.

I don't need a sub frame do I? I believe unstitching the pinch welds in my front radiator support and stitching a new one would fix my wrecked Wagon..
    No you don't. You should be able fix yours as you described!
  • SCPOWSCPOW Band Wagon
    No you don't. You should be able fix yours as you described!

I found someone in Blythewood, SC that hoards Wagons. Idk if he's on this forum but he quoted me $800 to have my car repaired. Fair??
    For parts, paint and labor I would say that is more than fair! Even if it doesn't include paint I would say that is pretty good.
  • ricards2ricards2 Band Wagon
    That's a fair price. The guy has lots of things to do in order to fix your car.
  • Any updates about this?