Interior restoration

So when I bought my car, saying it was in bad shape was an understatement. However, for the price I could not turn it down. The interior was completely shot and almost nothing was reusable. I wound up shelling the whole thing. NowI have found a site that has every interior part for a full restoration on the inside, only problem is I have no experience in interior or body work or anything like that. I have called all sorts of auto body shops and keep getting the same answer, "we don't don that kind of thing". Does anyone know of some places that are will to work on cars like these?

Comments

• ricards2ricards2 Band Wagon
    How about asking a friend who has experience/passion in restoring cars?
  • An good interior shop can help you redo the seats, put in carpet, headliner, maybe paint some plastics. A good mechanic can help you do wiring and and of course mechanicals. Of course a body shop is going to be just the body. When you say you 'shelled' the interior what does that mean? If you took the entire interior out (including dash) and want a shop to put another one back in? That could be a very time consuming and expensive job. You are going to be hard pressed to find all the trades under one roof as well. Honestly, you might be better off to find a wagon in better condition. They are out there, but you need the patience (and possibly a plane ticket) to find them. Good luck.
  • Youtube, a good set of plastic install/removal tools and a ratchet set from Ebay and you could do it all yourself easily. The interior is literally just plastic push in clips, and some nuts and bolts.

With that said replacing all interior parts will end up being WAY more expensive than just buying a better wagon unless you're looking for a challenge, or just a really long term, slow burn project.
  • So when I bought my car, saying it was in bad shape was an understatement. However, for the price I could not turn it down. The interior was completely shot and almost nothing was reusable. I wound up shelling the whole thing. NowI have found a site that has every interior part for a full restoration on the inside, only problem is I have no experience in interior or body work or anything like that. I have called all sorts of auto body shops and keep getting the same answer, "we don't don that kind of thing". Does anyone know of some places that are will to work on cars like these?

what website did you find? i would love a brand new carpet in my car