Rodeo rear speaker pod install TWO WAYS! ( Headliner and " OEM " location )

Now someone can correct me if I'm wrong but Rodeos are rebadged as Honda passports in America and both were sold here lol
So there potential they came on both vehicles I thought my first set came from a passport but I know my second set came from a 97 rodeo and I want to say they only came on like 96-98 other years had a slimmer profile ( again correct me if im wrong. )

What you will need from the donor car would be
the speaker pods
the supporting bracket and hardware unmounted from the frame / headliner area in the donor car.
192.jpg
this shows what the bracket and pods looks like mostly intact.

Locate your rear speaker pod wires that are factory in behind the back panels I only took them out enough for me to reach in and pull them thru otherwise i think youd need to remove your rear seats to do this process.

They will be right next to where the seat clicks into position.

Some wire to extend your pigtails to the civic wagon.

I used some connectors that fit right into the speaker plugs one i just ground in half
spade.jpg
you have to grind it down or get ones thinner i just used what was laying around the garage since its just speakers.

so first I cut the brackets into sections
vSGtJjs.jpg

6DvIL4B.jpg

make marks where you want the holes with the other end of the brackets youll be making a sandwich with btwn the rear panel

m5DlxId.jpg

on both sides

7JHevhg.jpg

I ended up just using electrical tape to mask the bright color of the wires and ran them thru the bulb panel looks clean.

only tips triple check hole marks before you drill so they line up in all the holes , mine were a little off because it got dark and i didnt have much light it was covered up by the bracket any way.

and heres what I did on my other wagon

same process just mount the brackets as pictured cut out uniform and set them at a location right behind the rear head rests mark them off and take the headliner off and cut and mount.
36.jpg

as seen here.
37.jpg

45.jpg

47.jpg

I cut small holes and ran a zip tie in the back of the LEADliner to support the weight
49.jpg

looks tacky maybe i guess but if you can think of something better do it that way lol I dont mind this at all ( I want to say it might not be necesary because I also am not running my upper panels so maybe that would help hold it up more do what suits your car mo betta..

Run the wires along the cpillar for a clean look using double sided adhesive tape or whatever again works best for you.

Comments

• invalidinvalid Wagonist
    excellent work. i never thought about mounting them in the factory pod location. small bit of advice. you do not need the long metal bar at all for roof mount. run the wire up to the roof liner as you did. to mount the speaker use only the bracket that the speaker mounts to. attach it to one of the hatch mount bolts and your done. the wire will be hidden by the speaker and the hatch bolt will hold it in place just fine with one bolt. no vibration and you keep all your hatch space. i also think they sound better than the factory pods do.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    invalid wrote: »
    excellent work. i never thought about mounting them in the factory pod location. small bit of advice. you do not need the long metal bar at all for roof mount. run the wire up to the roof liner as you did. to mount the speaker use only the bracket that the speaker mounts to. attach it to one of the hatch mount bolts and your done. the wire will be hidden by the speaker and the hatch bolt will hold it in place just fine with one bolt. no vibration and you keep all your hatch space. i also think they sound better than the factory pods do.
    if you posted pictures about what youre talking about to further the potential problem solving in the future I encourage it!