Led lights on our wagon

Can we put led bulbs for our wagons or will it burn out the socket https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LY7MLQV/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1AKS65DNJZJ0J&psc=1 will these work

Comments

• burning out the socket... NOT LIKELY because the LED should draw less current and run cooler than the equivalent brightness incandescent bulb

will an LED turn signal bulb work properly? PROBABLY because our Wagons aren't so old that they use thermostatic relays to blink, or so new that a CAN bus sensor will throw a "bulb out" error because the LED draws so little current compared with the original incandescent bulb.

The amazon page says this replacement bulb draws 0.17Amps, 12V x 0.17A = approx 2 Watts.
    As a test you could connect any 12V 2W bulb in place of the orignal bulb and if it works the LED will almost certainly work.

Urban legend or not? I was told that automobile accident investigators would examine brake bulb filaments after a crash. From the way the filaments were broken they could determine if your brake lights were on when you crashed or were hit.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    AldPixto wrote: »
    burning out the socket... NOT LIKELY because the LED should draw less current and run cooler than the equivalent brightness incandescent bulb

will an LED turn signal bulb work properly? PROBABLY because our Wagons aren't so old that they use thermostatic relays to blink, or so new that a CAN bus sensor will throw a "bulb out" error because the LED draws so little current compared with the original incandescent bulb.

The amazon page says this replacement bulb draws 0.17Amps, 12V x 0.17A = approx 2 Watts.
    As a test you could connect any 12V 2W bulb in place of the orignal bulb and if it works the LED will almost certainly work.

Urban legend or not? I was told that automobile accident investigators would examine brake bulb filaments after a crash. From the way the filaments were broken they could determine if your brake lights were on when you crashed or were hit.

I ran led tail bulbs on my clear light setup dont worry about it.