Swapping a complete OBD1 harness and ECU into civic?

If you guys have not seen I am doing a turbo build on my 91 wagon.
I rebuilt the stock d15b2 and have that in the car and its running.

First off let me say I HATE WIRING. So I was going to buy a conversion harness to swap from dpfi to mpfi and obd0-obd1 all in one harness(CJSWiring harness)

This is truly a budget build and im trying to find ways around the expensive stuff to make it work just fine

MY question is,

The car is obd0 and dpfi
I have a d16y8 manifold i will be putting on the d15b2

I want to know if i can swap in a complete engine harness from a 92-95 civic (obd1) and hook up a P28 ecu(92-95 obd1)
with that being said, I will be swapping the dizzy and alternator to obd1 units.

I want to get all the wiring situated before I drop my built d16y8 in

So basically rip the old factory wiring harness out and put a complete obd1 harness in and plug a p28 ecu up. Be mindful, i will have a MPFI intake manifold, obd1 dizzy and obd1 alternator, so the motor will be ready.

Comments

• HaydzHaydz Moderator
    No. What you are talking about is leaving the car harness intact but change only the engine harness, but still run the modern ECU? That is exactly what the conversion harness is for.

These things work fine: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ECU-OBD0-to-OBD1-Jumper-Conversion-Distributor-Harness-Honda-CIVIC-CRX-Integra-/201367457959
    It has an extra tail coming off to wire in the missing sensors plus pre-pinned plugs to convert. Some soldering is still going to be required.
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Even easier, email Wire-Worx and ask them what it would cost. Their stuff is solid, service is solid, and they would take out all of the guess work converting to multipoint, and getting what you need done. Especially if you hate wiring.
  • JLane91JLane91 New Wagonist
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    Even easier, email Wire-Worx and ask them what it would cost. Their stuff is solid, service is solid, and they would take out all of the guess work converting to multipoint, and getting what you need done. Especially if you hate wiring.

Thanks, I ended up getting the CJs wiring harness that did everything in one.