Bagging / Air Ride on a wagon Q's

So I am in the process of building my RT wagon. I planned on putting in on air. I bought Air Struts from AirLift for their 92-00 civic applications. I figured their would not be any difference, just get eg front forks and I should be fine. Well, on the contrary, I found out the wagon suspension is 3 inches taller then all the other EF's which makes the rear of a wagon look like stock height at 0 psi. Keep in mind that this is with AirLift air struts. I know d2 and k sport makes a set of air struts that will work fine, but they are wayyyy to expensive, which is the reason why I went for an alternative. So to make these Air Struts work I am being told I need to extend my strut towers, which I am a little sketched out about doing. I would like to make that my last resort.

So my main question is does anyone know if there is another company that sells air struts, at a reasonable price, that will work for the wagon application.

By the way, I have called AirBagIt.com and they said they could make a kit for my wagon for $500-600, but I still do not think he understand the problem that I was running into to.

Any help or information would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Cheers

Comments

• AbideAbide Council Member
    extended tower or extended tophats? If just tophats that's a pretty cheap ebay fix.
  • Abide wrote: »
    extended tower or extended tophats? If just tophats that's a pretty cheap ebay fix.

Extended towers my good sir
  • 1.png

like this
  • 90 RT4WD (Cody)90 RT4WD (Cody) Senior Wagonist
    can you modify the air strut?
  • can you modify the air strut?

The only thing I know I could do is drilling the holes for the lower mount up higher so it makes the air strut a little shorter. But I don't think that'll be enough to effect anything.

i asked airlift if that could shorten them, and he just laughed and said no.
  • stevostevo Band Wagon
    Airlift struts suck, had the same problem in mine, I asked them too about custom and they said same thing, wouldn't buy their product again. Heard D2's weren't great either and the only other option was Airrex but $$$
  • stevo wrote: »
    Airlift struts suck, had the same problem in mine, I asked them too about custom and they said same thing, wouldn't buy their product again. Heard D2's weren't great either and the only other option was Airrex but $$$

See I'm getting mixed reviews. Some people say that it lowers their wagon fine, and some say it doesn't...argg lol
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    I have a message in with IceBoxx Customs, who might be able to help. I will update here with any info I get.
  • Prennro wrote: »
    I have a message in with IceBoxx Customs, who might be able to help. I will update here with any info I get.

Thanks dude!
    Spoke with Lorenzo from IceBoxx Customs out of LA California and he said if you send him some pics, that he could design a cost effective kit for the wagon (depending on your end results and desired ride height) Give him a call or email and he would work with you. Let him know I sent ya. Post up what you find out. Good luck.

Lorenzo Hicks
    Ice Boxx Customs
    iceboxx5@gmail.com
  • Prennro wrote: »
    Spoke with Lorenzo from IceBoxx Customs out of LA California and he said if you send him some pics, that he could design a cost effective kit for the wagon (depending on your end results and desired ride height) Give him a call or email and he would work with you. Let him know I sent ya. Post up what you find out. Good luck.

Lorenzo Hicks
    Ice Boxx Customs
    [URL="tel:5712438548"]5712438548[/URL]
    iceboxx5@gmail.com

You are the fucking man! I will give him a call and update information.
  • any pics of how it looks at 0 psi?
    Yeah, any updates on this? Were you able to talk with Lorenzo? What is the status? LMK
    Monster D, any updates with this?
  • jaerodeck wrote: »
    any pics of how it looks at 0 psi?

I do have a picture in my build on 0 psi after heavy body modifications.
    Prennro wrote: »
    Yeah, any updates on this? Were you able to talk with Lorenzo? What is the status? LMK
    Prennro wrote: »
    Monster D, any updates with this?

SORRY let me get this wagon finished and i'll come back to this with an update. I think I'll probably get rid of the airlift and go with another company..but we shall see. I have yet to even drive this car on air ride yet :/
  • ricards2ricards2 Band Wagon
    Having an air supension sounds like a cool idea. Keep us updated.
  • I actually have a full kit from chassis tech/airbagit that I just bought, they custom made mounts and everything for my rt wagon, it ran $900 for everything, lines, compressor, solenoids, tank, flip switches, gauges, the whole 9. Now, keep in mind, this is for pneumatic cylinders and not bags though.:cool: