my 89 turtle

Comments

• VLxTurtleVLxTurtle New Wagonist
    Paint looks like it turned out fantastic! More crazy tips...Awesome

Thanks, but to be honest I'm not to thrilled on the finish on the paint job because when they buffed my car they left buffing lines (not sure if that's the correct name for it but you hopefully get what I'm saying). You can only see them in the light, I'm going to try and see if I take it to a auto detailer maybe they can fix it.

Tiny update I got my blackworks extended wheel studs and I bought a set of Zerg extended locking lug nuts, I tried doing some research on them but didn't find much. I'm not sure how good these will hold but from comparing them to some blackworks extended lug nuts they seem to be pretty equal when it comes to quality both light weight and they look pretty good plus they come with a hex key and they lock! Here some pics

1070.jpg

1071.jpg

1072.jpg

I'll install them tomorrow and post up pics once I'm done!
  • So i just got caught up on your thread. Car looks awesome, and that looks like a pretty clean parts car for a New York car. I used to live upstate in Ithaca (just a little north of it actually Locke) but no one knows where Locke is so anyway.... Just to answer a few ?'s you had that no one answered that i saw. the 14x8.0j stands for 14 inch wheel x 8.0 inch wheel width (lip to lip) and J stands for Japanese manufactured. Second the stock tape player does not have the power needed to push 6 speakers unless 4 of those is a component set (ie 2 mids 5.25 and 2 1" tweeters) the crossovers in these kits are designed to allow less power to the domes. Where did u get the sticker "I love my EE"? i would like one for my wagon
  • Also I love the color you chose for it, the Swirl marks in your paint should come out relatively easy with a buffer and some Final inspection (meguiars product). That wagon is hot.. and i love the headliner material. The Zerg industires wheel locks are really good but the "Lock" is a joke for anyone with an allen wrench. (just saying) (useless knowledge here Zerg Industries was the name of the Bad guys company in the Movie 5th element)... Awesome progress Keep it going...
    FullThrottleFreak- well first off thanks for reading my build and clearing up my questions, the "j" in 8.0 really threw me off i thought it ment something weird. I ask some pretty dumb questions as some might say but thats because about a year ago i finally got my license (im 21) and I never really read anything about fixing cars until now. My 1st car was the 1984 vette so there wasnt much I could do or thought i could do to it but anyways, I got the sticker from ebay, i checked my purchases and "jrpmp69" was the seller i checked if he was selling more and it says hes has no items at the moment. Ill try and pm him and ask him to make some more and ill let you know as soon as he lets me know lol.

I took my car to another paint shop and they told me they didnt use good quality clear paint, so if they would buff it again that the paint would rub off. Hopefully thats not true and a good waxing should do it. For some reason i left my roof gutted, i feel like it looks a little more rugged and gives it a tougher look.

i originally wanted some muteki lug nuts but since they were in back order for more then a month and they didnt know when would they ship i decided to try zerg lug nuts, and about the locking your right with a allen wrench they can take the little screw in the middle(not sure whats it called) but i dont think im even gonna use them since im guessing the studs will be long enough to poke out and also 4 of them are 7 sided, im not sure if that makes a difference but its good that you mentioned it. When I was searching google only things that poped up where stuff about a pc game called "starcraft" lol, thanks for the compliments and let me know if the 7 sided lugs are even gonna slow a thief down.
  • The wagons looks really good! I like the new colour and seemed to come out really well for a home job. I was thinking of doing the same but i was worried i was going to end up with dust in the paint

edit: btw your exhaust is crazy, i love it!! Don't think id get away with that in AUS though :(
  • The 7 sided lug will slow a thief down, but it really depends on how determined he is to get the wheels. I would go ahead and use them, as i think they will look good on the wheels. Is wheel theft an issue where you are?
    THe only way i see cheap clear coat being an issue is if they didnt put at least 3 coats down. If they did put at least 2-3 medium wet coats down you should be fine to Wax and hand buff those swirls out. It'll be alot of elbow grease but will make you more proud of your ride in the end... Anyone can buy a ride, but it takes someone special to Build a Love for their ride.
  • Very impressed with all those JDM goodies. Definitely inspiration to get a shuttle. :encouragement:
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    nice looking wagon!

are you going to or did you wet sand and buff the paint? it looks like a lot of dirt got in it

i love the blacked out tail lights, the rear shots look mean!
  • gar07gar07 Band Wagon
    sweet wagon ;)
    Thanks everyone for the compliments

-roro the guy that painted my car already wet sanded it, there's a lot of dirt on it because its just dirty :P hopefully these pics can speak better for me.

-fullthrottlefreak around here they just steal the entire car and strip it. or they just strip the car right in front of your house. but i live in a somewhat quite block so if anyone would try and steal it someone would hear them or see them and most likely get caught but every night Im scared to leave her alone.

1st off here's a shot i took with my girlfriends camera with the buffing lines i was talking about
    12.jpg

13.jpg

got motivated and this happened
    14.jpg

15.jpg

no more lines ;)
    16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

this was before the wash/wax, had to post this up looks so good
    22.jpg

i gotta paint the black moldings, now its starting to really bother me probably ill paint them tomorrow
    23.jpg

sorry for the night time pics i couldnt wait but tomorrow ill take some more better ones in the day time. thanks for looking!
  • 90shuttle90shuttle Senior Wagonist
    Hit it with a clay bar! Also are you planning on painting the trim black or color matching it? Looks good man!
  • .JoshuA..JoshuA. Wagonist
    what kind of brace/bar is that behind the front seats?
  • 90shuttle wrote: »
    hit it with a clay bar! Also are you planning on painting the trim black or color matching it? Looks good man!

DO NOT use a clay bar on fresh paint.........
  • crx_arturocrx_arturo New Wagonist
    I used plastidip on my moldings instead of paint
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Looks sick! Love the color.and Like crx_arturo said about plasti dip. I've seen it done and it looks better then regular paint in my opinion.
    .JoshuA. wrote: »
    what kind of brace/bar is that behind the front seats?
    its a NRG harness bar, so when i get my racing seat the racing seat belts wrap on there

i think ima give the plasti dip a try

A random shot with this cool tree
    25.jpg
    Unexpected update- my car started acting funny when I floored the pedal down, so it turns out that my clutch is about to go. I didn't want to do anything to the motor or trans till I swapped it but I kissed that idea out the window, So now I bought me a exedy stage 1 racing clutch hopefully ill have it installed tomorrow and update then.

Also this came in the mail today

768.jpg

769.jpg

gonna paint all my trim finally, hope this will last long
    The plastidip is amazing on moldings. I did mine a few months back and it's still holding up perfectly
  • getboostedgetboosted Band Wagon
    Enjoy your build very much! Do you have any issue with water going into your exhaust?
  • hollywood1hollywood1 Wagonist
    thats a nice color you picked there :encouragement: also where did you find headliner material ? did you go to like a crafting store ?
    crx_arturo wrote: »
    The plastidip is amazing on moldings. I did mine a few months back and it's still holding up perfectly

thats good news! i cant wait to do mine.
    getboosted wrote: »
    Enjoy your build very much! Do you have any issue with water going into your exhaust?

thanks man and no i dont, i made 2 holes on the bottom of the tubes so water can just drain out
    hollywood1 wrote: »
    thats a nice color you picked there :encouragement: also where did you find headliner material ? did you go to like a crafting store ?

thanks! and i found it on ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/pamela.j.frye/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686 theres the link

heres just some pics of the clutch

781.jpg

782.jpg

783.jpg

784.jpg

785.jpg

786.jpg
    Not much of a update but just sharing a personal review on the exedy clutch- I love it, it's real agressive compared to the stock one, It made me look like a complete noob, because it stalled out on me 2 times on the way home lol but once you get the feel for it, its super fun and very smooth. I recommend this for who ever is still on a stock clutch well worth the money. The clutch is ruffly around 300$ not a bad price compared to what your gaining. I also replaced my right axle and the rear main seal while it was in the air. Thanks hope this helps someone
    Got my stickers up

821.jpg
    I have a no fat chicks sticker on my wagon too haha but I have it on the passenger side of the windshield
    crx_arturo wrote: »
    I have a no fat chicks sticker on my wagon too haha but I have it on the passenger side of the windshield

Lol nice, gotta let these chicks know. Now that I think about it that sticker would of gone better on my passenger side fender since its all messed up.
  • realtimefunrealtimefun Senior Wagonist
    i like the color choice you picked
    i like the color choice you picked

Thanks man

got a small update, bought me some pwjdm hood spacers and I plasti dip my trim, can't say that I'm happy with the finish because it rubs off pretty easily but it does look nice. Ill be attending my 1st meet this month pretty excited.

175.jpg

176.jpg
    Time for a small update, got my lip on (again) and bought new mugen pedals. Also NYPD have been on me lately, they like my car but still give me a ticket, what kind of s*** is that?! Lol anyways check out the pics.

575.jpg

576.jpg

577.jpg

578.jpg

579.jpg

My lady helped me detail my interior.
    580.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Wagon's looking sweet! Love the lip and paint! Keep it coming.
  • inside_jdminside_jdm Band Wagon
    Damm so many upgrades and all of them are pretty legit props on the wagon :)