Reassembling the suspension components help

Hey guys so I took apart my whole front end. I am trying to put my wheels back on so I can move my car back. I am going to paint my engine bay.
The problem is I don't know which parts to connect in what order. Also I do not know if I have the lower control arms on right side/way. Here of some pictures of where I am stuck at.

Right side.
496.jpg
497.jpg

Comments

• WagonhoeWagonhoe Wagonist
    I also have this other bolt and bushing, and another bushing. I was wondering where it also might go. I have been looking at diagrams online. I had a friend of me take the engine out, and take everything apart before. So I must of missed where these came off from. I have been looking at diagrams online of the suspension components.
    498.jpg
  • Looks correct to me.... But i must say that spring perch looks rough...... do u plan on replacing the struts any time soon?
  • HakosukaHakosuka Wagonist
    Jesus, and I thought my stuff is fcuked. Replace at least bushings
  • civtec350civtec350 Wagonist
    the bolt with the thick washer/spacer looks like the rear motor/transmission mount bolt. the other sleeve in the picture is probably the inner sleeve from the rear motor mount. the lower control arm is on the correct side. i would bolt the 2 trailing arm/strut rod bolts in first. because they can be annoying once the axle is in. than i would bolt the lower, than upper control arms to the spindle.
    civtec350 wrote: »
    the bolt with the thick washer/spacer looks like the rear motor/transmission mount bolt. the other sleeve in the picture is probably the inner sleeve from the rear motor mount. the lower control arm is on the correct side. i would bolt the 2 trailing arm/strut rod bolts in first. because they can be annoying once the axle is in. than i would bolt the lower, than upper control arms to the spindle.

Thanks. I now know here those that bolt goes, and sleeve. I am going to put it together today.
    Hakosuka wrote: »
    Jesus, and I thought my stuff is fcuked. Replace at least bushings
    The bushings imo right now seem okay. I am going to look at them all though and see if any are badly worn.
    Looks correct to me.... But i must say that spring perch looks rough...... do u plan on replacing the struts any time soon?
    Yeah. I am just using these until I order my new coil overs. I am moving the car. I am going to set up a garage tent, and paint in there. So I need to move my car to a better spot.
  • HakosukaHakosuka Wagonist
    I don't want to be a smart-ass, but if the metal is rusted so much, I doubt the bushings are OK.
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    that metal sleeve looks like it could be from the front radius rod/strut rod bushings, which you should definitely replace while you have the axle out and all about. 20$ for good moog ones, makes a big difference in ride quality, never mentioned, always overlooked because you can't see them in the sub frame.
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    Bolt in the bottom picture looks like it is for the rear engine mount.

I'd highly recommend not replacing your struts, unless your tailgate keeps falling.

Now, I would recommend replacing the shocks and cleaning up the forks. You can get new lower control arms on RockAuto.com for around $30-60 ea.
    So I defiantly know I need new lower ball joints. I also am going to purchase new strut rod bushings. What do you guys think about the lower and upper control arms. Should I just replace those as well?

When you buy new LCA's and Upper control arms they come with the bushings and ball joints right?
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    you got it. you can order new bushings for the LCA or you can just order a whole new arm and it comes with bushings. the Upper CA comes with evreything when you buy it.
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    I've been using Raybestos' parts bought through RockAuto. They've been good quality so far and availability and price has been better than Honda.

Getting ready to replace my LCA's with some from Raybestos. Should be in today. :)