3rd Gen FWD wagon brake upgrade options?

I have searched this section and found the information for 4th gen, but I have a 3rd gen.
I have found this for 3rd gen civics (not wagons) on redpepperracing: http://www.redpepperracing.com/wiki/index.php?title=Big_Brake_Upgrade
But will this work for wagon? As far as I know the brakes on wagon are different, please correct me if I am wrong. What are the swap options for 3rd gen FWD wagons?

Comments

• SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    Welcome to our site.Always good to see members from around the world.

As for that link you mentioned that's for the 4g also.

I couldn't find the posting.
    The nice thing about the 3g is if I remember right is a lot of the 1g Integra('85-'89) parts will fit the 3g wgn. like brakes,suspension & eng.Do you have Integras in the Ukraine?That's where you should start the search.

You'll need to check all the following since it's been too long since I modded 3g Civics.Following Integra(Teg) 1g(85-89) parts should bolt on your 3g Wgn.Front rotor/caliper & rear axle along with sway bar rear disc(using your civic axle tube) .4g 4WD Wgn. frt rotor/caliper fits has same size or bigger piston & bigger pads.

Too bad you have a 1.4 carb otherwise the 1g teg fuel injected motor will fit.Maybe you can get a Euro 1g teg carb motor.
    Tip: If you do do the 4 wheel disc upgrade be sure to get the 4 whl disc proportioning valve from the teg too.
  • GeorgeousGeorgeous Band Wagon
    Thanks a lot! This pretty much answers all of my questions. I had a gut feeling on the integra from the diagrams that I ran into, going through the parts catalogs, my doubt was about whether the whole rear axle should be replaced to retain the integra's rear sway bar.
    And, of course I was hoping for more modern options ) but teg1 will work I guess.
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    Already answered.
    SiWagon wrote: »
    ...Following Integra(Teg) 1g(85-89) parts should bolt on your 3g Wgn.Front rotor/caliper & rear axle along with sway bar, rear disc(using your civic axle tube) .
  • GeorgeousGeorgeous Band Wagon
    SiWagon wrote: »
    Already answered.
    Yeah, I got it the first time, I must have said it the wrong way (listing the questions I had from the start), please excuse me my English ) and many thanks for the information!