The feedback thread...

I'd like to know what is and is not working, or if you think something needs to be changed.
Please ensure your replies are detailed - provide screen shots where possible.

Comments

• So I've seen a couple people ask this and I have the same question. Is there a way to change the thread title to where it will change in the thread's section?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Click edit on a post and give me a screenshot please. I might need to change some permissions.
  • I tried to be as thorough as possible lol, One is what I had changed it to, the next is the editor window, and the last is the Rides & Builds section and how the title is still the same.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    OK, so editing a thread title is currently available to you but you can only do it within the first five minutes of posting. You will need to PM a moderator asking them to change the thread title in the future. I have changed this one now.
    Also, make sure you use thread tools, not editing the first post title like in phpbb3.
  • civicguycivicguy Band Wagon
    Haydz, I was on a thread where it showed words in color: Sell, Buy, wanted, trade, and I looked at a link that brought me to craigslist ads. I looked at the ones that were in the for sale link and went back and now, some how , I cannot for the life of me , return to where I started, I want to post "looking for a 5 speed manual for my 81 Civic Wagon with 1.5 liter engine". Oh well, it's almost 9pm here. Guess friday is another day. Thanks
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    Boy, I had a crash course in posting with the new software this evening! It took me HOURS to write it (not your fault) and I was frustrated with the "reply" tool so I took it off-line to a word processor to hash out the text. I went along adding in the tags I used to use with the old software of which only one worked with the new software after I had pasted in my post to the "reply" tool. I can see that this new stuff works very well but I need to study a bit on how to use the new tools and hopefully how to post photos without having to open a pop-up window every time. Is there a source you can recommend for "how-to's" for this new software. This is not a criticism of the software or you guys or anything. I like it and y'all, lol! I just want to learn to use it more effectively.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    http://www.civicwagon.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_reading_posting

Like that or something a little more in-depth? Also, change your editor type under settings at the very top next to your username. You may prefer a different version.
    That will do it! I had turned on the WYSIWIG editor and was not accustomed to it. And it was late when I wrote that. Thanks!
  • Hi there,

This is Jacques, previous user name Jaker. The change to the new software unfortunately coincided with my old Hotmail account being hacked and shut down by Hotmail. Could someone please go to my old username, change the email to this new email address (see profile), and send me a new login link with system generated password? I'd like to access my old private messages.

Thanks,

Jacques
  • 88awdrt88awdrt Band Wagon
    I have tried to start three wagon build threads now and as soon as I hit submit new thread I get a white screen. I have tried different days and it just will not let me post a thread.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Have you tried a different browser or computer to see if you get a different result? If you do, flush your cache.
    Recently, dating to 24JAN13, When using my "smart"phone I have not been able to view any but the most recent page (if I click back on the notification links) or the very first page of a thread (if I select the thread from the forum list.) Has there been a recent change to the mobile version of the forum? Do I need to update some settings?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    I have an HTC One X running Android 4.1.1 and have no issues accessing old data. Hate to say the clich
    Well it is an older Android phone, HTC Droid Eris, with an earlier version of the OS than you've got. I do clear the cache once a day as a routine to facilitate a better browsing experience.

I guess it's another reason to upgrade, huh?
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    Is there a way we can either search or sort by "wanted" "for sale" "trade" in the Marketplace?
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    LowFlyin' wrote: »
    Is there a way we can either search or sort by "wanted" "for sale" "trade" in the Marketplace?

Is there so many threads that the colors aren't enough?
    No offense. Just a suggestion. Is it necessary now? Not really.
    No offense. Just a suggestion. Is it necessary now? Not really.

Certainly not offended. This thread is for ideas.

A long while back I proposed adding a WTB sub section. But it didn't get much support (in either direction).

If people really want it, we'll do it. We just don't have that many threads to begin with.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator

Yes,
    -when in the marketplace just below the page numbers at the top there is a "search forum" drop down menu
    -Click this and select "advanced search"
    -In the "Search by Prefix" selection box under "Marketplace prefixes" choose which one you want
    -Click "search now"
    Right on. I made it a step before that, NZ. Thanks for the explanation.

I'm on another forum that also uses prefixes, the prefixes are also listed as a button at the top of the page that will one click sort. That's what made me think of it.

17.png

18.png
    I'm on another forum that also uses prefixes, the prefixes are also listed as a button at the top of the page that will one click sort. That's what made me think of it.

Ah, I see.

I like it. Unfortunately Haydz is the webmaster, so he'd have to sort that. He does check this thread. So I'm sure he'll chime in.
  • bjornEbjornE Band Wagon
    Why doesnt my posts appear right away? It says it needs to be approved by an admin??? Started a build-thread that got approved after a few hours (?!) and decided to edit the first post with some more pictures, now that first post in the thread is gone?
    bjornE wrote: »
    Why doesnt my posts appear right away? It says it needs to be approved by an admin??? Started a build-thread that got approved after a few hours (?!) and decided to edit the first post with some more pictures, now that first post in the thread is gone?

It's our way of blocking spam. You came on and posted a bunch real fast. It just needs approval until you get some posts under your belt.

Should all work now.

Gotta give us just a little bit of time. Keep in mind we're all in different time zones. Not to mention it just takes some time.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Not applying for the job, but how about a European moderator?
    Since I've seen quite a few European guys around here.

Just trying to help though, no complaints allthough I bumped into the same thing as Bjorn did.
    Vladi wrote: »
    Not applying for the job, but how about a European moderator?
    Since I've seen quite a few European guys around here.

Just trying to help though, no complaints allthough I bumped into the same thing as Bjorn did.

Our mods are pretty well spread out now... two in New Zealand, one in Oregon, one in Washington, and one in Germany.

We're not the highest volume forum on the block. Which has ups and downs. People just gotta give us a day, maybe two sometimes... it works out well. Just a minor inconvenience when you're new.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    If anyone is wondering, I usually check the forum about 4 times a day to see if anything is needed. 6am, 10am, 1pm and 7pm.
    I dont always get on but those are generally the times I will try make time. I dont always get time to check every sub forum or anything (might only get 5mins to do a quick scan and somethings take longer than others to do) so just because it may seem like no one is doing anything with your post chances are its been seen just mods have run out of time to do anything about it right away.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Charb wrote: »
    Our mods are pretty well spread out now... two in New Zealand, one in Oregon, one in Washington, and one in Germany.

We're not the highest volume forum on the block. Which has ups and downs. People just gotta give us a day, maybe two sometimes... it works out well. Just a minor inconvenience when you're new.

Havent seen the German mod around yet so you can slap me.
    I like the good vibe on this forum and when you get past those first ten postst everything is fine!
  • bjornEbjornE Band Wagon
    Ah thanks for the response guys, a good thing could be to tell new members about this issue with multiple posts in the welcome-email? I searched for an explanation but didn't find one, so I asked here. :)

Cheers
  • I am the moderator located in Germany. Anything I can help with in this area let me know.