Q's on Automatic Seatbelts

The previous owner of my wagon did not like the automatic seat belts...so he decided it would be cool to some how turn them off so they would not work. When I bought the car I tried to get him to explain to me how to turn the back on and he was not very clear. Texted him today and he told me that there is a fuse he took out under the passenger side carpet? I looked under the passenger side carpet and can't find any fuse. Looked in the fuse box on the driver side and couldn't find a spot for the seatbelts...off topic on my fuse box it has spots for a sunroof and power locks? lol I didn't know wagons in American came with that? Please someone help me out with this problem. Thanks.

Comments

• I think that is why my auto belts don't work either.

you can check the positive terminal on the battery . There are fuses there. Might solve your problem.

ill look under my passenger seat this weekend and see if I can figure it out.
  • I think that is why my auto belts don't work either.

you can check the positive terminal on the battery . There are fuses there. Might solve your problem.

ill look under my passenger seat this weekend and see if I can figure it out.

I checked the fuses there, and I didn't see anything that would correlate to the seat belts
  • Well still looking for a way to fix this..Cannot find anything under the passenger side
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Two 30a fuses AT the positive battery terminal. They were wired straight to the battery. I've never seen a fuse under the carpet (and i've had one or two of these cars apart).
  • he is saying he turned off by messing with something under the passenger side dash. there are no fuses on my positive terminal
  • 90 RT4WD (Cody)90 RT4WD (Cody) Senior Wagonist
    Take it to the dealer, Auto seat belts have a lifetime warranty.
  • Take it to the dealer, Auto seat belts have a lifetime warranty.

In other words honda will fix the issue for free?
  • Take it to the dealer, Auto seat belts have a lifetime warranty.
    so just let them figure it out is what your saying lol?
  • Just thinking out loud... If someone cut a wire, disabled a fuse, or just unplugged something I doubt Honda will fix it for free. Those kind of things usually void warranties.
  • Georgie wrote: »
    Just thinking out loud... If someone cut a wire, disabled a fuse, or just unplugged something I doubt Honda will fix it for free. Those kind of things usually void warranties.
    okay so can anyone kinda help me solve my problem and not walk around it
  • I had gone to honda and the quoted $104 to diagnosis the problem. I did not have themDiagnosis it though.....
  • On mine there is 2 wires between the stock air box and the back of the headlight.
    They come up from the loom down by the battery tray on the left side of the battery. The are routed and held by a wire bracket thing on the air box.
    (where you put the air filter in)

1 wire is white with a red stripe, the other is white with a green stripe.(I belive, it's dark outside right now)

They terminate into a fuse holder thing attached to the side of the stock positive battery cable clamp.
    That holder holds 2 regular sized 30 amp fuses.
    ("ATC" size fuses I think and I'm pretty sure they are 30 amps)

You stated no fuses there.
    If he cut anything under the dash, good luck there.
    You'd probably need like a "etm" to fix that. (Electric troubleshoot manual) it would have every wiring diagram for the whole wagon.

As you can see by my post count, I'm not very active on this forum.
    Don't get mad if you have more questions and I don't reply.

Hope this helps, and at least it's a start.
    He probably cut those wires to the fuses and removed the fuse holder.
    If I was to guess.
  • Georgie wrote: »
    On mine there is 2 wires between the stock air box and the back of the headlight.
    They come up from the loom down by the battery tray on the left side of the battery. The are routed and held by a wire bracket thing on the air box.
    (where you put the air filter in)

1 wire is white with a red stripe, the other is white with a green stripe.(I belive, it's dark outside right now)

They terminate into a fuse holder thing attached to the side of the stock positive battery cable clamp.
    That holder holds 2 regular sized 30 amp fuses.
    ("ATC" size fuses I think and I'm pretty sure they are 30 amps)

You stated no fuses there.
    If he cut anything under the dash, good luck there.
    You'd probably need like a "etm" to fix that. (Electric troubleshoot manual) it would have every wiring diagram for the whole wagon.

As you can see by my post count, I'm not very active on this forum.
    Don't get mad if you have more questions and I don't reply.

Hope this helps, and at least it's a start.
    He probably cut those wires to the fuses and removed the fuse holder.
    If I was to guess.
    I'm just getting frustrated lol..because everything I look up on google about this subject, everyone just says "go to the dealer..blah". I have a rugby game tomorrow 7hrs away..so hopefully Sunday I can mess with it and get some pictures so y'all can see what I am messing with. Also I can look up that "Electric troubleshooting manual" on line right?

Thanks for trying to help me
  • Okay well last weekend I took the whole air intake out and the previous owner had hidden the positive terminal fuse holder on the air intake where it was not visible. Now the belts work, thanks for all the help guys!
  • 90 91 auto belts are run via two fuses that are located INSIDE the red cover to the positive battery cable to battery. Replacing these fuses (20 or 30 amp) should fix the issue.

• L O L...just ten years late....(grin)