It's not a Wagovan

Comments

• I would call it a mini mini van or a teeny van.. lol. Idk. I like wagon.. ive called it wago. Im just not a wagovan girl :)
  • Mine is an actual wagovan.But people just call them want they want regardless. You never really know about wagons until you own one. Then figure out the facts about them.
  • RjawmRjawm Band Wagon
    Gotta admit, I learned something new today from this thread, haha.

But, I have to ask, is it as wrong to incorrectly call a Wagovan a wagon, as it is to call a wagon a Wagovan?
  • no because it's a wagon still... (purely speculation:)a wagon designed to be cheaper and more practical(window bars and vinyl wipes clean) like a van, hence "wagovan"?
  • If you are in the USA it is highly unlikely you have a Shuttle too.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator

EDIT: i stand corrected...Australia got that generation nimbus(not sure about NZ). but you probably don't associate it with the RVR even though its just the SWB and LWB of the same vehicle

NZ got the Chariot, even the Chariot with the detuned Evo motor and 4WD
    20441035_203459646f6be40b5ae3f41e25a0f76d421b2b7fcfdb9677e.jpg

We also got the RVR, be it the 1800cc, the 2000cc, the 2000cc diesel or the Turbo version (the vast majority of sportsgear models are not turbo)

Also they do not really have Evo motors/running gear as such, similar but not the same and very detuned. Cant even swap the ECU to a EVO one as it will not run.

My parents had a 1992 RVR with the 2000cc DOHC non Turbo motor, not the sportsgear with the added bullbars and tyre on the back etc.
    Was an ok car, very thirsty, not overly practical and pretty damn ugly.
    A friend had a Manual Turbo one, it imploded spectacularly and cost a shit load to repair. Wasnt particularly quick either
  • wes wagonwes wagon Band Wagon
    That is ugly... it kinda makes me want one. I never thought I would get a Wagovan, which even sounds ugly, but I have one nevertheless. Would take a while to grow on you (me) I guess!
  • saveacivicsaveacivic New Wagonist
    lol true true but a type r is an upgrade to a lower model. wagovan has pleather :/ good for fishing though :)
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    I <3 my Wagonvanthing
    ragenasian wrote: »
    If you are in the USA it is highly unlikely you have a Shuttle too.

I have a sticker that says otherwise. :P
  • 829.jpg
    830.jpg

Wagovans?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    They are sold here as a Civic 5-door.
    LowFlyin' wrote: »
    I <3 my Wagonvanthing

I have a sticker that says otherwise. :P

I have a sticker that says my CR-V is a Ferrari.... but as we all know a sticker doesnt mean a thing ;)
  • Why don't you guys call your wagovans Beagles?? You call them Shuttles when you aren't in Europe or Japan, so why not call them Beagles too? You will be even cooler when you say you have a BEAGLE!

That Civic 5 door is here in Europe too. Not bad looking little cars, even when equipped with a DOHC vtec!
  • sbh801sbh801 Band Wagon
    I own a 1984 civic 1.5 wagon 3spd auto hear in the usa is it a wagovan,trying to buy parts online for it
  • sbh801 wrote: »
    I own a 1984 civic 1.5 wagon 3spd auto hear in the usa is it a wagovan,trying to buy parts online for it

And your point is?
  • 503Wagon wrote: »
    And your point is?

I think it was supposed to be a question, though hard to tell.
  • BrakeExpertBrakeExpert New Wagonist
    I've found most people on here call em simply the "RT" models. But its the same in the world of like 96-00 Civics. They are all "EK"s, though only the actual CTR has those two letters, its an EJ6, EJ7 or EJ8, but at least in the world of those guys, no one cares.
    I've found most people on here call em simply the "RT" models. But its the same in the world of like 96-00 Civics. They are all "EK"s, though only the actual CTR has those two letters, its an EJ6, EJ7 or EJ8, but at least in the world of those guys, no one cares.

RT= Real Time 4WD

There are lots of EK, just not USDM

JDM Hatches and sedans can be EK1(1300cc), EK3(1500cc SOHC), EK4 (1600cc DOHC VTEC) and EK9.
    So you cant go around calling your EK1 a Type R because it isnt.

So our case still stands, not all Civic Wagons are Wagovans
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    It's been awhile since I looked in on this, so forgive my delayed reaction.

That 5-door above is gorgeous! Looks like an EP3 with utility. I would buy one in a fast hurry.
    I believe they are a EU1, often a 1700cc with CVT. All in all quite horrible :highly_amused:
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Those civic 5drs are cool as hell...

A civic 5 dr is a civic wagon in my book..

The first one even has EP3 Si wheels on it..

EP3 Wagon.. I'd call it an EP5...

I agree with Bam.. I'd grab one quick if they were available here..

You lucky overseas bastards...
    Bet you wouldnt, much nicer cars to be had. Plus their CVT gearboxs are complete shit
  • I am glad a lot of cars here in Germany are still offered with standard transmissions. That 5dr civic can be bought here usually with a 5spd and can be found with the dohc 160hp vtec motor.
    I was just thinking - Who cares what kind of engine/transmission it came equipped with from new? Our beloved EEs are underpowered by modern standards. We just swap 'em!
    ^ agreed... It would just need a K24 upgrade & 6 speed tranny... Problem solved..

& I'd buy a whole bunch of cool cars over there....
  • Wagoneer87Wagoneer87 Band Wagon
    Hey so i just bought an 87 rt 4wd wagon, so i believe. The owners manual is for an 87 but the more im looking around, the more im getting confused. It is the 5sp with the super low gear. Anyone with some wisdom please help!
    Wagoneer87 wrote: »
    Hey so i just bought an 87 rt 4wd wagon, so i believe. The owners manual is for an 87 but the more im looking around, the more im getting confused. It is the 5sp with the super low gear. Anyone with some wisdom please help!
    That has nothing to do with this conversation, its RT4WD so its not a wagovan
    I am gonna buy a "Wagovan" and mutt it with a "RT4WD".. so I can call my RT4WD a Wagovan...
    I have a set of window bars to put in the goldibeest...
  • I'm looking to get a wagon but I want to make sure I make the right choice. between the dx and wagovan, can I easily tell the difference by badging? and I don't think anyone explained the differences that well. all I got was that the wagovan has DPFI. and what is the availability of these cars?