Official: Show us your racks ;)

Comments

• woodiwoodi Wagonist
    Old school chevy blazer (possibly aftermarket) rails cut down to fit with old school Yakima towers I found cheap on ebay and homemade 3/4 Pipe cross bars.

106.jpg
  • cashcash Band Wagon
    good to see people actually use racks for what they are meant for and not just for *show*

sooooo how odd does a wagon look with a canoe on top ?
  • woodiwoodi Wagonist
    Well this was before I upgraded to my new bars (and part of the reason why I did) but here's a canoe on a wagon roof shot for you

250.jpg
  • So, I have a question for the guys running the OEM style bolt on racks. How are you mounting them? I snagged one off a wagon at picknpull a while back, and it had some sleeves with threads already pressed into the roof. Tried popping them out and that was a no go.
  • woodiwoodi Wagonist
    It's been discussed on this forum a few different places but you pretty much have two options. I used threaded rivets or "nutserts." You can buy the tool to do it and a bunch of inserts from harbor freight http://www.harborfreight.com/45-piece-t ... -1210.html You drill the holes in your roof where they need to be then install the rivets in the holes and end up with the treaded inserts in your roof. I actually bought that tool then found a new factory roof rack from an old chevy that came with metric nutserts and a tool that was pretty much just a big nut and a bolt. The inner diameter of the nut was slightly bigger than the bolt shaft. You slid the nut over the bolt threaded an insert on dropped it in the roof and tightened the bolt while holding the nut with a wrench. It worked pretty well and allowed me to use the hardware that came with the rack.

Or you can drop your head liner drill holes and just bolt the roof rack on right through the roof. Throw a washer under the nut on the inside to make sure it holds well.
  • O good deal, ya I was actually just gonna toss a nut and washer on the end. Least now I have some options. Thanks.
  • TogTog New Wagonist
    hey guys - trying to decide what size fairing to get - i have measured, but research on the board seems to split opinion - slightly oversize? anyone want to what up a pic of yours and the size? looking at thule or yakima :)

Thanks
  • GeorgieGeorgie Wagonist
    Tog wrote:
    hey guys - trying to decide what size fairing to get - i have measured, but research on the board seems to split opinion - slightly oversize? anyone want to what up a pic of yours and the size? looking at thule or yakima :)
    Thanks
    From page 2 of this thread...
    NZ-DB8R wrote:
    38" Fairing seems to be about the right size
  • byrne_06byrne_06 New Wagonist
    814.jpg

815.jpg
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Are you able to get us slightly smaller pics? :lol:
  • TogTog New Wagonist
    Georgie wrote:
    Tog wrote:
    Thanks
    From page 2 of this thread...
    NZ-DB8R wrote:
    38" Fairing seems to be about the right size

thanks, i have to order from the states so it has to be right! :)
  • Here's mine built it a few weeks ago still need to wire the lights and put an expanded metal floor in it.
  • want to buy thule roof rack how do i know which size to get and fairing size?
  • Yakima Q towers, 48" bars, loadwarrior basket, loadwarrior extension, 2 axe/shovel mounts (holding an axe and a shovel lol)

By the end of the year I will also have the Yakima viper bike attachment, fatcat4 ski/snowboard attachment, spare wheel carrier, and a stretch net. I <3 Yakima. I'm undecided on getting a fairing to put under the basket though.

304.jpg
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    484.jpg659.jpg
    638.jpg
    still not finished yet wait til NOVEMBER ........ :twisted:
  • 1800sss1800sss Band Wagon
    Thule Aero Blade bars with pair of Criteriums and 400XTR feet. No fairing is needed with these new bars according to Thule.

307.jpg
    308.jpg
  • byrne_06byrne_06 New Wagonist
    383.jpg
  • pelon921pelon921 New Wagonist
    440.jpg

$2 basket!!!!!!!!!
  • Here is my roof basket .good for carring tires and a cooler full of soda to honda day at englishtown nj
  • 84.jpg

And just ordered a Yakima buttondown 6 snowboard/ski attachment.
  • Observation deck
    IMG_0019.jpg
  • ^ lmao That's awesome!!!
  • m831dizym831dizy Band Wagon
    My baby :)...
  • rolla4merolla4me Band Wagon
    240.jpg
  • Updated:

482.jpg

485.jpg

483.jpg

484.jpg
  • mosdefbeemosdefbee New Wagonist
    Mine with a bike rail. I really want a basket. Deng lol
    534.jpg
  • The BlockThe Block New Wagonist
    Just added mine. Looking into low mounting a Basketcase between the bars now...

283.jpg
  • bigscottbigscott Band Wagon
    here is my rack, thule rack with yakima fairing

492.jpg