Civic Wagon
USDM 1975
Engine Code: ED-2
Chassis Code: WB-A
Drivetrain: 4MT, FWD

JDM

Comments

• ZippyZippy New Wagonist
    I have a 78 Wagon. It originally came with the 2 speed hondamatic and I think the other option was a 4 Speed manual. The Chassis code is WB.

I will look up the other years and post them here for you.
  • 1975 Wagon
    Chassis Code:
    WB-A = 4 Speed Manual
    (the HondaMatic was not available on the 1975 Wagon)

Engine Code = ED-2

1976-1979 Wagon
    Chassis Code:
    WB-A = 4 Speed Manual
    WB-B = 2 Speed HondaMatic

Engine Code = ED-4

Hope this helps.
    I can get you the info for the 2nd gen Wagons if you still need it.
  • I forgot to mention above that the ED-2 & ED-4 engines were sold in the US. Not sure what the engine codes are for other areas of the planet.

Also, I believe only the US had the CVCC. Other countries had the 1500's without the CVCC head.
  • mvmmvm Wagonist
    Ahhh, I love this site. :D So much knowledge.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    We had CVCC over here so i can confirm thats not true.
  • Sorry for any mis-information regarding the First Generation CVCC outside the US. Please note that I only have access to the US Honda Service Bulletins & Service info. I said that I believed that the CVCC (1975-1979) was only available in the US. This information is based on discussions from the 1stgencivic.org site.
    PLEASE READ....
    http://www.1stgencivic.org/world/c1zr/m1/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3024&highlight=cvcc+zealand&sid=df1990710fa79505f116deb9186def03

There are other threads also indicating the 1975-1979 CVCC was only available in the US.
    Many believe that they have a first gen CVCC simply because they have a 1500 when in fact they have a non-CVCC 1500.

Again I appoligize - Now I know that the 1975-1979 CVCC's were available in NZ.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    LOL no need to apologise like that!

Those guys may be interested to know theres a few more than just three of them around. ;)

There used to be a 1st/2nd gen wagon in Birkenhead, Auckland with CVCC on the boot, i've also seen a few more randomly driving around, however that doesan't mean they are not rare! :)

If i had the time and money i would fully restore a 1st gen cause i think they rock.
  • i likey da wagon. i just got mine. traded a perfect condition 02 galant for it,in fact after diggin deep into this car. i realized i saved it.im a new member and have had a rt4 for 3 weeks. I LOVE IT.