K20 Swapped Wagovan Build. Ohio.

Comments

• looks great. i did a a3 bottom with the a2 head in my old eg. very fun to drive
  • spud91spud91 Band Wagon
    very nice build.
    will a standard bonnet (hood) close ok over the k20?
  • Your engine spins the wrong direction. :P
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    In for an update! Looking good already. Jerrybuilt out in Los Angeles California has a K swapped wagon and that thing gets up at the track.
  • Great build man, I can't wait to see the finished product. This definitely is going to be super legit!
  • emokid11emokid11 Band Wagon
    Im so ready for these picture!!!!!
  • austinsb3639austinsb3639 New Wagonist
    Back from the dead! Car is finished and if you guys are going to IA in uly you can come see it. Should I post a teaser pic? It turned out nice.
    Austin
  • skitsoskitso Wagonist
    I'll be at IA, so I'll be able to catch it in person. But a teaser pic definitely wouldn't hurt
  • knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    It's been 2 years lol.....yeah pretty sure people want a teaser pic.
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    I'll see it at IA, but I still want a teaser pic!
  • NCxEE4NCxEE4 Wagonist
    same, i'll be at ia, but i'll be damned if you're going to hold out on our teaser pic! show us that wagon!
  • In for updates!
    Thanks for the support guys! Here is what I can give you. Thing is under wraps for a bit.
    278.jpg
    279.jpg
    What do you think?
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    Oh man, it's lovely. Great color choice. Definitely looks to be a well rounded build. Hopefully I can make it out to IA to see it.
    Thank you, it was a lot of work. Soon you guys will have more professional photos to look at.
  • hutchisonzhutchisonz Band Wagon
    Nice build man I thought about a k in my wagon haven't seen them before. Keep the updates coming.
  • AlaskaB16AlaskaB16 New Wagonist
    Do you have any pointers for someone just gathering parts for a K? What works, what didn't. What do you wish you had known earlier?? Mounts, harness.. Any time saving advice would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks! And the car turned out AWESOME! 2 year build thread... Did "life" happen or was there some kinks to work out?
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    wow been a while since ive checked this build out.....
  • realtimefunrealtimefun Senior Wagonist
    glad to see any other K wagon
    My advise, Plan plan plan. Research is your friend too. Full size rad dooesnt work well get a 3/4 length. k24 wont fit under stock hood without dropping motor or raising hood. As always ask me if you have questions. I have been through it on 2 k swaps of my own and may others of other people.

2 years, yes. Life happened but I took my time and did it right. Good parts and every nut and bolt redone. Now. on to the next step I guess. I want to post pictures but waiting to hear back from some people to see if I can post any more pictures.
    yes you can fit a full size rad in the wagon with a K swap i did it no prob so much better then a hack half side or that stupid VW tuck rad stuff and i did not cut my hood and i have my K24 in it.
  • please post more pics
  • Can you fit a k20 under the stock wagon hood without modifications?
    i fit a k24 awd in my wagon with out cuttin the hood and a k20 has a shorter deck height so it can be done also
  • Bla bla bla I wanna see what this car looks like. Post up some pics!!!!
  • I always thought the hood needed to be modified, do wagon's have more hood clearance than ef's?
    not much more room but if done right it can fit but i also run a stock K24 intake manifold and RRB or RRC would need more room under the hood orhave to cut the hood for sure
  • Thanks for the replies, I'm wanting to put a k20 in my 90 2wd dx but I don't want to modify my hood. What setup would you recommend?
  • Why don't you just get lower motor mounts? Hasport makes them.
  • t.kt.k New Wagonist
    No pics/updates?

I was wondering if you could show how you routed/mounted the shifter box and cables. I'm concerned about cutting holes in my firewall for them without being 100% sure. Also does the shifter box fit under the oem interior plastics?