RT Rear Wheel Bearings, Hubs. Options?!

So my bearings are on their way out. There is enough movement i can feel when jackup up. So, i started searching, looking for where to find either the complete hub or the rear wheel bearing. Seems as though no parts distrubutors sell the complete hub, and only a few sell the bearing itself. It has become unclear IF it is possible to just replace the bearing, or if you HAVE to replace the whole hub. I wouldnt see why just replacing the bearing would be a problem, but would like to find out. I have access to a large hydro press, so that no problem, just need to hear other peoples experience with this. I have a set of extended studs to install at the same point and this is the only step i feel weary of after reading of members running into problems (and then not expressing what the problem was)...So before i pull it all apart, press out the bearing and foook it up, id like to know what im into here....

I found them pretty cheap here too:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/H ... 6+Steering

Thanks guys!

Comments

• FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    bump because i know someone has either tried and been successful OR tried and unsuccessful. please shareee!
    Someone, anyone?!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Sorry, I've done fronts and rears on a 2wd, but no RT rears. My thought is that it would be very similar to doing the fronts.
  • Im interested in hearing the way this turns out.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    ok how did this turn out....? im getting ready to get started on mine..
    im still waiting:(
    Alright, someone's bound to have tried to replace the rear wheel bearings on an RT....if you have, please chime in!
  • I am in the progress of doing this in the UK.

The bearing is listed from Honda only and it's £90 for one type and £150 for the other.

That's x 1.5 to get it into dollar price.
    I've measured the bearings and trying to find one which fits. - I have a good candidate.

Wondering if there is a known fitment for this now as this post was last done in 2011.
    Else when I know, I'll sticky the info.

Some pics:

rear_arm01.jpg
    rear_arm02.jpg
    rear_arm03.jpg
    pow_rtas.jpg

Naturally at the same time as doing this I will be converting to rear discs.
    I'll write up my conversion, but it uses a rear caliper / carrier combination that is Euro only. However, it would work with any calipers that use 260mm rear discs.
  • Madr0xMadr0x New Wagonist
    Just had all this done at a local Napa auto. New front and rear bearings pressed in along with extended studs. I can get the bearings part number if needed. Suspension will be back on the car asap.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    i had forgot about this thread ...
    i just found a spare pair of RT rear bearings after i moved .... if needed
    but did mine back in Virginia before moving to Florida

all sand blasted down....
    834.jpg
  • Madr0x wrote: »
    I can get the bearings part number if needed.

If you could it would be apprecaited please.
    I suspect it will be different to those available in UK/Europe, but some makes cross internationally :)
    I will have the part numbers asap
    I tossed all my boxes already and the napa guy gave me this info, it's vague.

Brand is CR. Front is pf102. Rears are br35.

Im not sure if those are general part numbers or using his books.
  • the napa that i work at lists pfw102, or fw102 for the front(cheaper brand, and skf brand).
    for the rear we list a b35 (skf brand)only in the book, not in the computer for the 4wd models.
  • here are the dimensions for the rear sealed bearing for 4wd.
    part # b35:

i.d.: 1.3386"
    o.d.: 2.5197"
    width: 1.4567"
    Sweet deal ^
  • civtec350 wrote: »
    here are the dimensions for the rear sealed bearing for 4wd.
    part # b35:

i.d.: 1.3386"
    o.d.: 2.5197"
    width: 1.4567"

id: 34mm
    od: 64mm
    width: 37mm

That gells perfectly with my measurements here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKF-B35-Front-Wheel-Bearing-VW-and-Honda-/200794742701?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2ec04c9fad

Many thanks. Perfect result!

I'll see if I can find the SKF bearing here, else I'll try my other alernative part route out.
    That said it's only £27 ($40) with shipping for the correct part from the USA. - mine was coming out at half that but isn't a guarenteed fit (tho looks identical).

http://www.rockauto.co.uk/catalog/x,carcode,943444,parttype,1672

Oh I didn't know they operated in the uk !!
    Good news is tho from that site that my searching for parts was 100% bang on correct.
  • so just bearings available or is there a full hub assembly?

also thanks for p/n civtec350
  • mr_sp33mr_sp33 Wagonist
    There's a place that has rear 4wd EE wagon hubs and listed, but the part number is the same as the EG and DC2...

They're 'Ultima HA4013'. Maybe silly Q, but they're not the same as fwd rear hubs/bearings are they?

EDIT: I called the place and they confirmed with the supplier that it was an incorrect listing and removed it from their site :/
  • mrshanegmrshaneg Band Wagon
    it might be a bit late, just figured id chim in
    i am also in the middle of doing my wheel bearing.
    i got a whole hub from the autozone i work at for around $80 bucks
    the hub brand is timken listed to fit rt4wd wago
    also bought wheel bearing as well and it was same part number as above b35