ghost ride da whip

Comments

• hey, how/where did you disable the clutch start? cuz i hate having to push the clutch to start haha. super clean ride man, lucky guy living so close to the bam man. one of these days Jane and Nancy will have to make a trip out to bamtech.
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    yep south does not have a wagon with clutch pedals.

I can vouch for that.

since I'm the one that took them for Porterwagoneer.
  • 503Wagon wrote:
    hey, how/where did you disable the clutch start? cuz i hate having to push the clutch to start haha. super clean ride man, lucky guy living so close to the bam man. one of these days Jane and Nancy will have to make a trip out to bamtech.

Up under the dash, where the "switch" for the clutch cable is, un pin or cut the wires going to it, strip, and twist together the leads and it will close the loop, similar to when you depress the clutch pedal to start the car.

you are bypassing the switch.

Is that a safety feature we should really want to keep?
  • Nope. Lol

My fiances Si is bypassed and I always leave my cars in nuetral anyways.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    only USDM cars have the clutch switch thing. rest of the world just laughs...
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    Before:
    380007_2553623996259_1123680033_32323361_1164914387_n.jpg

After Bam welded in a gusset like he's done once before:
    374959_2553626676326_1123680033_32323364_1086765064_n.jpg

All washed and full of gas:
    388360_2553597955608_1123680033_32323349_1063841902_n.jpg
  • lil'ghostlil'ghost Council Member
    :)

so nicccccccccccce
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    I really miss my blue one! sniff sniff tear tear!! Looks really good!
    due to the server crash - some things posted were lost.

dyno sheet 1/15/2012

382775_2642805825749_1123680033_32363011_1202734477_n.jpg

should've done better. lol

we decided to take out the cat...
    425885_2788192460324_1123680033_32411958_124753022_n.jpg

good thing too..
    398455_2785195705407_1123680033_32411445_516100020_n.jpg
    After having owned this wagon since 2010 - I have FINALLY got the windshield replaced. She looks like a 'new' car again. lol

before:
    425576_559827275024_53300224_31339803_796463211_n.jpg

after:
    431005_559827838894_53300224_31339805_1927144638_n.jpg

so happy.
    461887_3805098656097_1536310885_33277826_1885146410_o.jpg

Painted my trim and bumpers for spring Import Alliance.

also, Rev got me a chipped ecu - 2 step launch control and vtec now engages at 4800!
    double post fail
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    got old blue looking good ....
    well, thank you, Chip
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Nice, Erin! It's about time for a lake meet...
    Thanks!

I agree with a lake meet, sounds like a plan!
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    Damn 2 step, launch control. Let me try it on my F22 real quick. LOL.
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Trim looks great, good job.
    Gah! I'm jealous of your new windshield... lol

Just curious, was that dyno chart a printout from before or after you removed the cat?
  • skitsoskitso Wagonist
    Got to see your wagon at IA. Looks clean in person! I was hoping to get a chance to meet you and Rev,but never got the opportunity.
    Chaife wrote:

Just curious, was that dyno chart a printout from before or after you removed the cat?

Before! The fact she made lower HP numbers than my LS had me concerned. Since we don't pass emissions we decided to make a test pipe to see if there were any gains and that's what we came across. I've got an intake for it I want to throw on and redyno with to see the improvement. It's definitely noticeable on the butt dyno. lol

Also --- That ecu has a CEL shift light at 8100rpm, but it's a ''detuned'' ITR basemap so the ecu will let it rev to 8800rpm if your heart so desired. But so far it's a nice little improvement for the price I paid. :)
    skitso wrote:
    Got to see your wagon at IA. Looks clean in person! I was hoping to get a chance to meet you and Rev,but never got the opportunity.
    well, boo! we were hanging at the Volatile booth. I'm sure that's where you can find us at summer IA!

What color's your wago?
    Chaife wrote:

Thanks!

before we took the cat out.. and all that stuff Josh said lol

a new windshield really helped the car so much. and it's so nice to see out of a super clean glass lol. get you one!
  • skitsoskitso Wagonist
    lil'ghost wrote:
    skitso wrote:
    well, boo! we were hanging at the Volatile booth. I'm sure that's where you can find us at summer IA!

What color's your wago?
    Mine's an 88 cream, although not as as nice as Revs, haha. I'll definitely hit you guys up come summer IA.
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    lil'ghost wrote:
    Chaife wrote:

Thanks!

before we took the cat out.. and all that stuff Josh said lol

a new windshield really helped the car so much. and it's so nice to see out of a super clean glass lol. get you one!

lol balla! I feel you. HA! one.... I need 5.
    Got a chance to meet Erin in the La Quinta parking lot (lol) at the last Summer IA, but not Josh. Hope to meet everyone this time!!
    Erin had a great idea of doing our best to group all the wagons together this time, or just all roll in together..

Revmaynard wrote:
    Before! The fact she made lower HP numbers than my LS had me concerned. Since we don't pass emissions we decided to make a test pipe to see if there were any gains and that's what we came across. I've got an intake for it I want to throw on and redyno with to see the improvement. It's definitely noticeable on the butt dyno. lol

Also --- That ecu has a CEL shift light at 8100rpm, but it's a ''detuned'' ITR basemap so the ecu will let it rev to 8800rpm if your heart so desired. But so far it's a nice little improvement for the price I paid. :)

Dude thats whats up! B16? Hell, open it up and let it spin... haha
    Subscribed.
    replaced the driver side axle, inner and outer tie rod ends, put on some tokico shocks up front, raised the suspension some, get an alignment

259975_4131959093650_1325956178_n.jpg

gonna get some new tires [so i have all matching profile], raise the back [if needed to even it out], put on rear camber kit and LCA's soon.

do work, son!
    The rears are 50s and the front are 55s. I'll set the height once there are matching
    profile tires. That damn axle nut was a pain, the passenger side was effortless with an impact gun though.
    gonna put the rear camber kit on tomorrow or saturday :D
    466.jpg

Got her lower control arms and rear camber kit installed this weekend, also raised the rear to level it with the front. Had the shop realign the rear to get it square and Im hoping she can go get this pair of Falken 502s today for the front for now.
    I've been real bad about updating my thread..sorry. Not too much going on but some general fixes and such.

Josh got me a new muffler!

Here's a pic of the crooked, loud and obnoxious muffler. Then the new borla :) so much quieter and sounds better. Thanks Josh!

(I'm gonna get that paint off this weekend...)
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Looks good! I've been wanting a Borla muffler to change out the ricer one that I have on now lol. You think you could take a vid to hear how it sounds?