Suspension Techniques Proarms & Dropforks Available again

There have been a few people in the past posting up about the drop forks and the pro arms that Suspension techniques used to make. After much calling and whining to someone I know on the “inside” They have agreed to release what they still had in the warehouse.

According to my contact, there are currently NO plans to re release these parts after these pieces are sold. This is it.
Here is how they broke it down for me.

14 of the complete Kits part number 57300 (front drop forks rear / Rear Pro Arms) are in stock. This will lower the vehicle 1.5 inches all the way around. The rear arms also add Camber adjustment and has the mounting point for the sway bar end link. Original retail sales price was 479.00. These last pieces are selling direct for 300.00

30 sets of the drop forks are available, independent from the complete kits. Part number 57300(the correct # 57100). These will lower the front of the vehicle 1.5 inches. Orginal sales price was 183.41, and these last are selling directly for 100.00

Both the front drop forks and the rear pro arms do not effect damper travel. These items come with replacement performance urethane bushings installed. These items are non warranty, sold “as is”. The above part numbers fit 88-91 Honda Civics and 90-93 Integras. We have no R&D on the RT4WD wagon. These pieces are available only directly through ST by calling 559.875.0222.

Please don’t PM or reply to me or this post asking me about these parts. Call ST at the number above and they should be able to help you with any tech questions or to buy them. I know there are a couple of guys here who have them who may be able to answer some tech questions as well.

Post up pics if you buy them and use them. I’m on a couple of other Honda boards, but have only put this up here so far, giving the wagon guys first dibs.

Comments

• shenrieshenrie Council Member
    Your a badass! Thanks so much!

They are down to 10 sets already.
  • Anybody willing to order a complete set for me :mrgreen: sometimes being in Germany BLOWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Id be willing to do that if you can get me the money in time. How do we do this?
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    so idk what u said about the 4wd version in the op are these parts interchangeable for RT4wd or no?
    klum wrote:
    so idk what u said about the 4wd version in the op are these parts interchangeable for RT4wd or no?

Ive run them on two different RT's.
  • debrisdebris Wagonist
    Does anyone have a picture of what these things look like?
    No pic of forks They look just like any honda strutfork, only shorter, but I do have a pic of the rear arms.
    50.jpg
    what sway bar are u using in that picture?

this looks like a very innovative its a shame they wont be selling them i thiink im gunna go for the gold. n swoop
    Its a Progress swaybar.

I talked to them when I ordered. Theres a small chance that they will reconsider depending on how fast these parts go, but was told to not hold my breath.
    yeah i called today to order im acouple bucks short in my fundage for these parts though ! :( hopefully ill be able to make iot work so howd you mount that sway ? what endlinks/bracket are u using?
    The endlinks are just some random Energy Suspension kits we had laying around the shop that no one wanted, and the bracketry was all custom from when I worked at a speedshop. Nothing to custom though. A few L brackets is all really. I ended up mounting that L bracket in the pic reverse since. Under hard loads the wide tires were rubbing on it in long corners. I just shortened the endlinks and turned it upside down.

Best not wait to long. People in the know will eat these up with a quickness. The dropforks are the mealticket if you cant get the set. Rear camber is adjustable numorous ways these days, but the dropforks are most definatly not available from any other source.
  • Please ask what chassis these are for when ordering. The set of drop forks I sold to Shenrie a while back were for the larger EG/EK/DC shocks, and I'm not usre if ST made them for the smaller EF shocks. I know some of you won't care, but this might catch you by surprise if you're expecting to use them with EF front shocks.
    talked to them today they said if they do remanufacture them they will most likely be abour 350-400+ ordered mine! woot. should be in and installed tomoro or friday. YEE illl post up pics.
  • Thanks for this info. I already have a set for an EG and they work great! I ordered an EF complete set and a set of forks only. Got them today. The front forks are a must for EF's and DA's if you want to significantly lower your ride height and maintain good ride comfort/shock travel. Hey Shenrie, which progress swaybar are you running in that pic?(EF,EG,?) Can you post pics of your mounting brackets for reference? Thanks.
    Jaker, I also have a complete set (forks and rear arms) from a DA with the smaller diameter shocks as well, but good looking out.

When I talked to ST they planned on selling the later version with the larger diameter hole for the 92+ Civics and 94+ Integras, but they had not confirmed what all they had in stock yet.

The Progress sway was originally on my DB1. The car is in a heap in the garage right now with the front on jackstands, so i really dont have a way to get any pix till the car is done, sorry man. It was a quick fix though. I just put some flatbracket on top and underneith the floorpan where the spare sits and bolted it through all three pieces. Definalty not the best install, but it did serve its purpose well.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Ohh hopefully I am not to late and they still have a pair and are willing to ship them down these ways
  • sobe_deathsobe_death New Wagonist
    Didn't these have a problem with breaking?
  • I have had my EG set for about 10 years and have never had any issues w/them. Look like pretty solid pieces to me.
    sobe_death wrote:
    Didn't these have a problem with breaking?

Ive heard this a few times, but never from anyone they actually broke on. I take second hand info as rumors until I can confirm in one way or another. The story I heard involed an Eclipse, and I didnt think Eclipses had double wishbone, but I could definalty be wrong as Im not a DSM guy whatsoever.

Ive been using mine on numorous cars for around 10 years now. Every car has been autoxed and dailiy driven. If they arent breaking from the g's sustained from autox and the crappy roads around here, Id say they are tough enough for the masses.
  • Mine are on the way, got the complete set!!

I don't want to post the person's name who got me these, as you know who you are and I don't want people hounding you. For the member who went out of his way to hook me up your help is GREATLY appreciated.
  • colecocoleco New Wagonist
    hope they havent all sold
    Thanks for the heads-up thread on this .
    I cant believe i missed this thread this long
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    where are the pics of the front and rears from the new owners?
  • Don't know if I will even install mine. Didn't want to miss this opportunity to stock up on more "just in case" parts :mrgreen:
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    how many more do they have. i need a set.

can someone explain more about the front forks. will they allow the car to drop like the rear and have adjustablilty as well?
  • The Drop Forks are just basically shorter versions of the stock ones. They are about 1 1/2 inches shorter than their stock counterparts. No adjustability. This allows you to gain more suspension travel if you are using sleeve type coilovers because now you can lower the vehicle an extra inch and a half without having to turn down the adjustment on the coilover sleeve. You can even lower the front of the vehicle an inch and a half while still retaining an otherwise completely stock spring/shock combination with the use of the drop forks. You can even lower the vehicle to the point where the tires are tucking under the fender and still get a decent ride if using good coliovers. Now ground clearance is a whole other issue altogehter. Also when slamming a car you will still get decent ride quality due to the increased suspension travel provided by the drop forks/pro arms but your front upper control arms may come into contact with the top of the inner fender well when going over rough roads. Just something to think about.
  • colecocoleco New Wagonist
    7 full sets left -.o as of monday night nov 02/09 as far as i have heard.
    i recieved a call back after buisness hours when he finally had a chance to verify that they had them.
    after mine George(the salesperson i dealt with) said there was 7 sets left on the shelf.
    And im sure most of the front forks that they have seperate for sale are still there as they are surely in lower demand.

If interested just drop them a phone call. the salesperson i talked to was the only one working this week, he had to get back to me and sounded extremely busy because of it.
    He was well informed and helpful to me and he visually verified stock before taking my money.

I made sure to plug the civic wagon while talking to him and also compliment their companies products which i have always had good experience with. Lets hope they reconsider making these again sometime, i did my part to make them sound awesome while buying them.

ogwagon makes some great points. stance can be everything to some people.
    i would add that with lowering the full strut with the lower mounting point it makes airbagging a crx civic intergra much more frame layable. because you get that 1.5" from geometry rather than deflating your bags to 0 psi. not really a huge deal but for people going as low as possible its like an extra 1.5"
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    nice, just wish someone took some pics of them off the car. especially the forks as i have never seen those.
  • IMG_0108.jpg

This isn't my pic but one I found.
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    So sick Rage. Hella mint too.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    just to reclearify:

1. so those forks are shorter downward by 1.5 inches and the rear is 1.5 inches too?

2. if i put these on it will be lowered slightly on stock suspension?