fuel pressure

Im swapping a b20 into my wagon and i was wondering if anyone knew what the fuel pressure is supposed to be at. And are there some fuel pumps that could put out double or more fuel that will work on the wagon?

Comments

• akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    the only way to determine that is to take the stock fpr reading on a crv. My thing is it uses the 240cc & its non-vtec. The fuel pump should be able to push it alright. Anyways its easy to upgrade the stock pump & add an adjustable fpr.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Yeah i think pumps that fit hatches etc. will fit the wagons. Walbro and Bosch come to mind for good aftermarket pumps..
  • cool thanks but i also was wondering if you guys knew of a fuel pump(maybe not even one for a honda)that would put out double or more fuel that the stock pump. I have a fuel cell and i was thinking of using like a corvette lingenfelder fuel pump. do you think that would work or would i need all new fuel lines that are braided stainless?
  • Other than age/weak pump, the fuel pump is not what's keeping you from reaching a specified psi. You should be concentrating on the fuel pressure regulator setting and the return line.

Besides, why do you want double the fuel pressure? This is a case where more is not always better.
    Put a new standard Walbro pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and you'll have more fuel pressure than you could conceivably need.
    With this setup, I know I could add another 20 psi of fuel pressure over stock, should I ever need it. But to be honest, just adding 3-4 psi over stock satisfied my very fuel hungry, high compression B18b.