tranny swap

does anyone one know what is involed in swapping trannys from auto to manual and where i can get one cheap

Comments

• HaydzHaydz Moderator
    What car?
  • you need a manual trans, flywheel, clutch, shift linkage, clutch cables, pedals, etc. thats all i could think of right now (3:11am) im sleepy :cry:
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    :? I hate to say this,but it might be better to sell your wagon & pick up 1 that has a manual.It sounds like you mayb on a budget.If there's a sentimental attachment this may be a tuff choice.Who's doing the work :?: If a garage is :arrow: this could get $$$$$$$$$$$ & many places won't do it.Auto to manual is easier than manual to auto.If you're doing it :arrow: can you change a clutch :?:
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    :cry: Great now I'm Sleeeepyy.You'll need a ECU (Computer) too. :cry: It'll probably cost you mo than a GRAND from a shop. :cry:
  • well i would say swap the whole drivetrain ... why mess with that when you could get a whole zc or somethin
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    your_mom_6 wrote:
    does anyone one know what is involed in swapping trannys from auto to manual and where i can get one cheap
    yeah, I'd agree with these guys unless you had a parts donor for cheap. It can be done but its involved and may be pricey
    also, is it a 2wd or 4wd
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    Well, Ive done it to an Integra. Heres the writup I did way back: http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116165&highlight=auto+manual+swap

A lot of it will pertain to the Civic, but Im sure there will be slight differences throughout the swap. Just thought Id post this so you could read through what I had to go through and see if it was still something you wanted to tackle.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Shenrie, perfect example mang, thanks for that!