third times a charm? Red RT from Maryland

Hopefully the Third time is a charm! This is my 3rd RT and my 4th wagon in general. ill give you the back story but try to keep it short and sweet. My cream wagon was my first wagon, i bought it to daily so i didn't have to daily my CRX. I ended up on the shitty end of a 3 car pile up with it so i sold it. I bought a blue RT and drove it for a couple months and it blew up for no reason other than being old. i bought a motor from a reputable shop at the time and they told me it was good to throw in. i threw it in and had all kinds of issues then i finally got it running after changing all kinds of broken parts and drove it 63 miles and it blew up again. I ended up trading that blown up rt to get my cream wagon back. After that i always told my self that id never build another RT. Fast forward a few years i found a RT for sale so i sold my integra and bought it haha. It was perfect it had ac and everything. Being the dumb person i am i decided to turbo it and yet agin i blew up another RT wagon. the motor i bought for it was supposed to be fine and i threw it in and it was also blown up but i needed a daily so i sold it to a awesome owner. After that one i was very anti RT wagon. Fast forward a couple more years i found this one for sale and i went to look at it but it was a huge pos so i passed. a couple months went buy and i outgrew my little shop truck i had and bought a van for work. I was trying to sell my truck and i worked out a deal with the guy that owned this wagon (he was a cook and he always traveled to cook for people). He wanted to trade the truck for the wagon but the wagon is mega rusty and it was smoking super bad. We ended up trading the truck for the wagon a b16 and $500. So now i finally have a red RT and ive always wanted a red RT. its just a huge pos but im finally in a position in my life to where i can build one and not have to daily it so when something breaks it can sit and i can drive my work van. enough talking heres some pictures! im going to try my hardest to update the forum when i do stuff.

Comments

• PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    After driving it smoking for a few thousand miles it finally popped the head gasket. A couple hundred miles after the head gasket one of the cylinders lost compression (it wouldn't be my RT if the motor didn't call it quits) lucky i found a A6 with 26k miles on the rebuild for sale so i bought it and swapped it in. MY friend recently had a CRX imported and it came with some enki wheels that he didn't want so i traded him the blades that came on the car for them.
    Since the Motor swap i added a wing and rain guards and have just been enjoying the car and building a little something for it on the side.
    This is what ive been working on when ive had the free time. i built this custom header (i still need to modify it a little bit) and added this Mercedes supercharger kit that i built. Its cool because the pully has a electric clutch in it so ill be able to turn the supercharger off and on. I just have to slap it in the car and build the intercooler piping ETC. its really close i just haven't had the time to mess with it.
    Those of you that know me this is my other wagon
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Look at all these attachments.... So Flickr is good...
  • superhatchsuperhatch Moderator
    "After that i always told my self that id never build another RT."

Preach.

What's the size of the blower you're using?
    Not sure on literage but it’s a Eaton m62
  • and added this Mercedes supercharger kit that i built. Its cool because the pully has a electric clutch in it so ill be able to turn the supercharger off and on. NO WAY! It'll be just like the Mad Max Car! Awesome. Too bad you are on the wrong coast or you could cut up this wagon shell I have for wheel arches. Keep working on it and stop breaking it!