Frankie, the Canadian immigrant

This is my wagon. His name’s Frankie.

I bought him off the owner of MDA Fabrication who imported him from California into Canada, BC, and who also was going to do CRAZY things with the car. Before I bought it, he had a turbocharged K-series in the car, and was working on fitting the driveline from a K-series 4wd Honda CRV in it. He got it about 90% complete before he figured he had too many projects and decided to sell it without any of the K-series parts included.

So when I picked it up, it had nothing in the engine bay, but he kept the old D16A6 that he took out of it, and delivered that with the car. He also included all the other civic wagon parts he had laying around his shop (and he had A LOT!).

The body of the car is in great shape (for what I have planned). There is very minimal rust on it, which I'm going to cut out and weld a replacement panel in, the paint is faded, but I'm planning on painting it anyways, and there are zero dents on it, just a few small dings.

86.jpg
87.jpg
88.jpg
89.jpg
90.jpg
91.jpg
92.jpg
93.jpg
94.jpg
95.jpg
96.jpg
97.jpg

Typical wagon seats... Will be replacing:
98.jpg
99.jpg

All the engine wiring pulled into the interior:
100.jpg
101.jpg
102.jpg

This is not the only weird thing I found in the wagon...
103.jpg
104.jpg

All the interior bits that were included with the wagon:
85.jpg

So thats my wagon! I've got lots planned for it, but will most likely be a slow build. Stay tuned...

Comments

• Nice wagon project ya got there. Too bad he wouldn't part with the K stuff! Don't be sacred of the gloves they were probably there in case someone had to change a tire or work on something broke down on the side of the road. Kind of a must have for our wagons!
  • SwedginSwedgin Band Wagon
    The day the rest of the bits showed up:

149.jpg

Gotta love spare parts
    150.jpg

Also picked myself up this little MIG welder to learn on
    151.jpg

Got the engine mounted on the stand for tear down:
    152.jpg
    153.jpg

The pistons in this engine are tiny!
    154.jpg