has anyone replaced their windshield on 88-91 wagon?

Hello all, I have a broken windshield on a 91 wagon and cannot find the windshield trim perimeter online from a vendor.
The glass installer had a civic wagon himself and held off installing for me because he said (from personal experience) the
trim is glued on instead of clipped and cannot be removed without tearing it up. He didn't want to proceed until / unless
I had a replacement trim to retain the windshield.

Has anyone replaced their windshield? Were you able to get an aftermarket trim? The ones at Precision Parts (that
specializes in windshield trim) that says they fit 91 DX models are not the correct replacement. Honda dealerships have
also looked for me and cannot obtain.

I would appreciate any ANY A-N-Y leads on how wagon peeps have replaced theirs successfully and solved this problem.

Many thanks, R Stoddard Raleigh NC rstoddard@peoplepc.com

140K miles, dark gray, bought on Halloween night 1991, one of the final two on the dealer lot. It thinks it is a pickup truck and
is filled with handyman tools. No room for a passenger...

Comments

• PoozMcgueePoozMcguee New Wagonist
    They can use a universal rubber trim and cut it to shape, dosn't look the best but does the trick, otherwise we have to call our parts guy at honda dealership.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    I was unable to acquire anything to do the job and had to put up with the generic trim.
  • shelbydaveshelbydave Band Wagon
    Just had a windshield put in yesterday and I'm not happy with the way it looks can anybody provide me with a pic of the original trim on a car with a original window! Close up pics
  • I had a windshield put in by a local (but big) junkyard, this was years ago, I think it was 300, and they used a universal gasket and it looked good.
  • I've had the windshield replaced on 2 wagons. On the first, I asked them to reuse the old molding if they could. They did. On the second, they used the generic molding, which left a gap in the upper corners. I had them fill that gap with their urethane adhesive to prevent crap from accumulating and rust starting. Worked fine, not too obvious.

OEM molding
    40.jpg

Generic molding with corner fill
    41.jpg