LS equivalent power in a RT/4WD

Okay, I'm getting a little exhausted of research. So I'll just ask.
In my EF days I LOVED the LS swap, they are cheap and plentiful and gave me the power and reliability I wanted.

So my question is: How can I achieve similar results in a EF RT/4wd?
I'm thinking just a DOHC ZC but the power is a bit low, can you get LS power out of a DOHC ZC for little money?

I'm sure it's come up before but I just want some Facts and Numbers, that I can't seem to find.

Thank you.

Comments

• Why not boost the A6? A small turbo like a T25 will get you LS power without having to throw together a bunch of little mods. Tune it reasonably and you'll get reliable power over a stock-ish powerband. Then, you can build it up and turn up the boost down the road if you want to #racecar. Voila
  • sohawk wrote: »
    Why not boost the A6? A small turbo like a T25 will get you LS power without having to throw together a bunch of little mods. Tune it reasonably and you'll get reliable power over a stock-ish powerband. Then, you can build it up and turn up the boost down the road if you want to #racecar. Voila
    Well of course I was thinking of the turbo option, it would be silly of me not to. It's funny, among my group of car friends we have two turbo kits that have never been completed. We have always just thrown a B-series in and called it good, probably because we are cheap and lazy.
    Maybe with the limit to a D-Series it will force me to complete a turbo build.

Now obliviously I will have to replace or rebuild the current motor.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    Well of course I was thinking of the turbo option, it would be silly of me not to. It's funny, among my group of car friends we have two turbo kits that have never been completed. We have always just thrown a B-series in and called it good, probably because we are cheap and lazy.
    Maybe with the limit to a D-Series it will force me to complete a turbo build.

Now obliviously I will have to replace or rebuild the current motor.

currently in a similar cross road I'd opt rebuilt with performance but nothing too much over kill than stock and a nice fresh turbo build
  • The only problem with turbo is the fact that boost IS addictive.
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    BOOOOOST it!