venting on audi owners

so I ended up buying an audi and well I'm on their forums. I am now learning more about the car through the forums. as I ask question I get a lot of rude comments on my posts. most of the posts they reply back are pretty much trolling posts. they try to act like they know how to work on cars but in reality these guys don't have a clue. one guy may post something and even its wrong the others seem to want to jump on the band wagon.

an example, I mentioned I worked on my civic 4wd car and spent the time building it up. apparently instead of being respectful they look down on the civic. my beginnings came from working on the wagon which has taught me a lot of what I don't know and what I have learned. it taught me to respect towards other cars and owners, but man these guys are complete idiots in the works.

Comments

• Don't paint with too broad of strokes. There are plenty of Honda stereotypes too.
  • Yeah honestly I'd say this forum is a gem in the rough as far as car forums go. Since it's a much more specialized forum it tends to have a smaller crowd and thus more community support.

In contrast I'm on a forum for my ford ranger, as well as one for MGBs and the people are less than friendly there. Most of the time I get responses of "Doing that is stupid." or something similar.

Just saying it's easy to get spoiled on the atmosphere of civicwagon.com when other forums feel like you're taking a trip to the ghetto.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    except that charb guy...he's a dick....

besides that, 100% truth. I've been on a Mazda forum, Also a Honda 600rr forum (those guys are brutal). I'm sure most of us have been or are on Hondatech as well....Civic wagon forum is definitely a breed of its own. Only the few are dumb enough to own one...or two...or seven....cough tubo_teg cough