Hush Performance Adapter Plate Review

I wanted to share with all of you my review for the Hush Performance Adapter plate that allows you to use a Y series block (without the intermediate shaft holes) with a RTAWD transmission.

Here is a link to their website to the product: http://hushperformance.bigcartel.com/product/zc-rt-intermediate-shaft-adapter

I purchased it because I am currently doing a swap on my girlfriends 91 RT civic. Long story short we had a y7 laying around that we know is good so we thought lets throw it in since the a6 was dicked.

I was very impressed with how fast it came to me in MN. I received the product to my door in three days. It came in a nice sealed back with their logo on it and some bolts in order to bolt it up to the rear of the block.

The plate is made out of steel that is welded together and looks like its powder coated as well.

With all that being said I would say its a decent adapter plate for sure and so far the only one ive been able to find on the market so I cant complain to much. The main problem I had with this bracket is that I had to bend the part the shaft connects to in order to make everything fit correctly.

The holes all weren't lining up with the half shaft the first time I tried this so I had to unbolt everything and first bolt it to the half shaft and then while it was all still loose, bolt it to the block as well. Once its bolted to the block and you start to tighten the bolts that go into the half shaft you will see that portion of the plate start to bend in order to fit correctly.

I wasn't TO worried about this because the half shaft was still able to spin freely for the most part, it felt like there was a bit of tension on it but I guess only time will truly tell.

Also the bolts that come with the kit are a bit long and will actually start to hit the plate itself, which again isnt THAT big of a deal to me.

All in all I needed to get this car running and this plate did exactly just that. See the pictures and judge yourself. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. Have a good one wagonists!

Here is what my block looks like, you can see how its missing the mounting holes: 246.jpg

247.jpg

You can see here where it bolts up: 248.jpg

The bolts going through the plate and alt bracket:
249.jpg

Here it is bolted up: 250.jpg

Another view: 251.jpg

This is with the half shaft installed:
252.jpg

Remember when I said the bolts were a bit long... see for yourself: 253.jpg

You can see here how the half shaft looks crooked but so far it works, I havent actually driven the car yet but everything still turns: 254.jpg

Comments

• ChaseChase Wagonist
    *Fingers crossed*

But so far so good, I have about 100 miles so far on the car and the adapter plate seems to be holding up just fine. so far I am really happy with the product and it seems to do exactly what I wanted it to do.
  • Thanks for the review! I didn't even know this product existed.
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    superhatch wrote: »
    Thanks for the review! I didn't even know this product existed.

No problem at all, I'm just happy to add some more knowledge to the community. If anyone is trying to do the y7 or y8 swap, this is the way to go if you dont have the mount holes.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    FWIW I used the adapter for my D15B swap but used the FWD version. It also had 'alignment issues' but was fixable and has worked fine.
  • PoozMcgueePoozMcguee New Wagonist
    I've got about 4-5000km+ on my hush adapter plate. D15B from Haydz in ma Beagle. No Wuckin Furries. The person installing said he had to 'modify' it a little too but i'm guessing it was the bolt holes.
    put 1500km on it this week alone, mostly sitting at 100km/hr.
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    Good to hear fellas, yeah so far so good everything on her engine/transmission is still holding up great. Very happy so far.