Wide body metal fenders, tell me what you think!

Hello guys,

So it has been more then 2 years since I started my wagon project, and just this last weekend I finally made it to my first event.

I am the only person that I think has metal fender flares on the wagon, other then unfinished Ragenasian's project.

The bumpers are also modified, to fit wide arches, and I also got rid of windshield wiper, bumper lights, and the lock for it to have a clean look.

I was really unsure how it will look, but in my mind I had the idea that it WILL rock 15x8 ET0 watanabe RS copies and have wide stance.

Also, I wanted this project car to be as an interpretation of how Spoon Sports would have made the wagon look/feel if they would have taken the job.

So the chosen colour is Y56 honda yellow.

I got only one good picture of the car taken at the show, but here it is:

207.jpg

Most of things on this wagon are custom, and I have almost achieved the look and feel that I want.

Tell me what you think of this look that I created!

Comments

• oh...my....god. This shuttle is beautiful! Amazing!!!
  • i like the fender flares alot.
  • Yep, I also dig them, it's a good look. My only niggle would be the transition of the back of the front flares to the black plastic trim below. It just stops at a harsh angle there. That would not stop me from wanting them though =D
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    one picture? just one?
  • So nice! Yeah have to rub it in that after all these years my wagon is still unfinished! HAHA. Looks superb! On my wagon I did away with the front fender trim and the small rear section in the back. One day maybe my wagon will ride again, but until then plenty of wagons on here to drool over.

My wagon sits a lot lower than yours as well but I am still having issues with the 16x9s I am running up front rubbing on just about everything.

Keep it up! you really did this wagon justice with all the work you put into it.
  • Wow that ass.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Looks stunning, super jealous! How did you go about with widening the plastic bumpers to align with the metal fender? Particularly the rear..?
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Since there was a season closing meeting, I took my Honda to it, and it seemed like a huge success. People gathered around it, pointed fingers and discussed.

Good weather, good day, and many pictures taken by random people that I gathered online:

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

These pictures are for you Klum, and Wagodizzle, not sure how my body shop person did it, but you can look at pics from my build thread, there should be some clues when it was being prepped.
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    So effin jelly
  • How did you modify the bumpers? Did you start with an aftermarket fender flare or just make them from scratch?

The car looks awesome!
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    superhatch wrote: »
    How did you modify the bumpers? Did you start with an aftermarket fender flare or just make them from scratch?

The car looks awesome!
    he says two posts above he doesn't know and a shop did the work ;)

thanks for posting more pics man thats teh s3x
  • your Shuttle is dope man, hands down.

I live in germany and I have an Shuttle as well in the making, lots of rust repair, but I have the bodywork done so far by now.

What I want to ask you, where did you get the Shuttle and Civic Sticker at the rear ? And do you have an Idea, from where I can get the RT4WD stickers for the rear and the "realtime4wd" Stickers for the rear doors? I searched nearby everywhere in europe and the US allready, but I cant find them.

Thanks
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    your Shuttle is dope man, hands down.

I live in germany and I have an Shuttle as well in the making, lots of rust repair, but I have the bodywork done so far by now.

What I want to ask you, where did you get the Shuttle and Civic Sticker at the rear ? And do you have an Idea, from where I can get the RT4WD stickers for the rear and the "realtime4wd" Stickers for the rear doors? I searched nearby everywhere in europe and the US allready, but I cant find them.

Thanks

I found some pictures of them online and asked a local sticker shop to make me some SOHC vtec and Shuttle stickers. They did not cost much and now I have them!

Thank you all for the kind words. I hope I will get more work done to the wagon soon!
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    You can still buy the genuine decals for the car from Honda and they are just as cheap as the stuff on ebay etc.
  • your Shuttle is dope man, hands down.

Thanks

I found them at the honda dealership here in Germany no problems. You just have to find a place willing to let you play on their computers to find the stuff.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    75765-SH5-900ZE "CIVIC SHUTTLE" sticker - this is the 'side-by-side' version of the sticker. There is also a version where 'CIVIC' is on top of 'SHUTTLE'.

Anyway, back on topic, wide body FTW.

1108.jpg
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Haydz,

You know that for the longest time I have been looking at "bulldog" Honda city turbo II that has that cool mini scooter in the back?

You have just earned +5 respect points. No, never mind that, you have earned all the respect points.

P.s. that wide body came like that from the factory :love-struck:
  • Tadas wrote: »
    Haydz,

You know that for the longest time I have been looking at "bulldog" Honda city turbo II that has that cool mini scooter in the back?

You have just earned +5 respect points. No, never mind that, you have earned all the respect points.

P.s. that wide body came like that from the factory :love-struck:
    Motocompo, you'd like this. We had a annual classic japan day and this guy replicated an original honda ad for his city
    218.jpg
    219.jpg
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    No motocompo in our one, but yes, factory fenders. Pity they are prone to rust.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    That is so incredible! By our one you mean that you actually own one of these unicorns?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    The one pictured, is my partners car. :)