Neville....born from speed.

Comments

• superhatchsuperhatch Moderator
    I took off the lower panel to drop the steering wheel and get at the pedals and I couldn't deal with the alarm and cruise wiring. While I was there I decided to cut the fog light wiring too and re-run everything. I'm a bit anal about wiring.

9.jpg

10.jpg
  • arries289arries289 Wagonist
    Yeah, that is pretty ugly!!
    It was all zip-tied up somewhat cleanly...but the cruise control module didn't work and you can't get the modules anymore. I don't really need an alarm and so it was just a lot of extra wiring in the engine bay and under the dash that I wanted to get rid of.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    I worked really hard on wiring those fog lights. lols. However I cannot take credit for the rest of the mess. I like what you got going on here.

Sadly the Cruise control never worked for me either :(
  • monster dmonster d Wagonist
    Love the build man! Like were this car is going now! POWER WAGON!
    BillBoard wrote: »
    I worked really hard on wiring those fog lights. lols. However I cannot take credit for the rest of the mess. I like what you got going on here.

Sadly the Cruise control never worked for me either :(

The fog light wiring was good actually, I especially appreciated the fuse block taps you used for power! Once the Z6 goes in I'll be using a Rywire engine bay harness and so I just wanted to streamline all the wiring in the bay regardless. I also got a new set of fogs which have a little less wear on them. :)

The cruise had some module in the engine bay and then the brain tucked under the dash. I looked around on Ebay for a while and couldn't find a replacement for either with the original brand name so I just decided to pull it and reduce some of the clutter in the bay.
    I hemmed and hawed over what pedals to get and in the end just decided on a new set of OEM pedals for now. Repainted the arms and I might try and get a stiffer spring for the gas pedal to help give it some more feedback.

35.jpg
  • monster dmonster d Wagonist
    superhatch wrote: »
    I hemmed and hawed over what pedals to get and in the end just decided on a new set of OEM pedals for now. Repainted the arms and I might try and get a stiffer spring for the gas pedal to help give it some more feedback.

35.jpg

Where can I get OEM pedals? I need new ones for both of my cars hah.

I like the idea on the stiffer gas pedal spring, would like some feedback on that once you do it.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    You may want to strengthen the pivot point and surrounding area for the clutch pedal - it is known to break at the welds and flex meaning only partial clutch movement.
    Haydz wrote: »
    You may want to strengthen the pivot point and surrounding area for the clutch pedal - it is known to break at the welds and flex meaning only partial clutch movement.

A friend just mentioned that to me! Were gonna take it in to the shop and weld it up next week.

On another note, might be some delay in the project.

Picking this up on Saturday:

myatadv.blogspot.com

36.jpg
  • Mo-VanMo-Van Wagonist
    You are going to love the RE-71R! Those tires are still the fastest street tire on the market for autox. I am currently running them and love them!
    Mo-Van wrote: »
    You are going to love the RE-71R! Those tires are still the fastest street tire on the market for autox. I am currently running them and love them!

Awesome! I've read nothing but good stuff about them. I think last year 80% of the street class winners had them on. lol
    SH, I need you to forget about that bike and get back on that Wagon! NO DISTRACTIONS ALLOWED!! :)
    arries289 wrote: »
    SH, I need you to forget about that bike and get back on that Wagon! NO DISTRACTIONS ALLOWED!! :)

I'll be putting in some good wrench time this weekend! Hope to get the interior all sorted and then move on to getting the engine/trans together and ready to be installed. I'm shooting for an on the road date of June 30th. :)

After shes rolling I'll do the suspension bushing bits as time allows or maybe over the winter.
  • ZombieMikeZombieMike New Wagonist
    simply amazing....LOVING this build.
    Good lord this took a long time to get to this point. House stuff, motorcycle stuff, winter sucks, etc. The end is in sight!

Updates: http://civicwagon.blogspot.com/2017/05/its-been-long-time-since-i-left-you.html

Hopefully I'll have more after this weekend!!
    Good job! You are close. I bet after this you prob are not going to touch it for a while! If everything lines up, looks like it is going to be a whole lot of fun. And "all you need for a manual conversion are the pedals and tranny!" Ha!
    I feel close! Feelsgoodman.jpg

I wouldn't do another auto/manual swap without a whole donor car present. I'm glad I had mine.
    Soon.

Suspension needs an adjustment moving from the 16" Fit wheels to the 15" RPF1s but it's gonna look good when it's done!

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    YES! looking good man!
  • thestzathestza Wagonist
    Look in' fine! Real fine!
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Looks great. P.s. It is motivation for me to finish up my engine upgrade.

Also, what are the final specs of the engine, and what are the numbers and graphs of HP/TQ?
    Tadas wrote: »
    Looks great. P.s. It is motivation for me to finish up my engine upgrade.

Also, what are the final specs of the engine, and what are the numbers and graphs of HP/TQ?

That engine is just a placeholder while I'm building the Z6. I've decided on an all motor build.

The rough idea:

Pistons ???
    Skunk 2 Alpha rods
    Skunk 2 IM
    Skunk 2 68MM TB
    Bisimoto 1MM OS valves
    Bisimoto spring/retainer
    Bisimoto Stage 3 cam
    Bisimoto Cam Gear
    Hondata s300
    PLM Header
    HKS Sport Exhaust
    High Flow Cat
    Balanced blueprinted crank (local shop)
    Valve job, P&P (local shop)

I don't have any specific HP goal. Just want a fun, reliable NA D16.
  • Went for a drive, had a change of heart. Finding storage for the wagon and keeping it as a long term project car.
  • I am glad to hear that SH. BTW, when you said CTR....as in a RUF CTR?
  • Zwierzak89Zwierzak89 New Wagonist
    Nice car. I love the wheels :)
  • I am glad you also came to the idea of keeping the wagon and building a z6. I think that is one of the best combinations for this marvelous old school honda.
  • My mind is ever racing when it comes to the long term build of this car. I'm slowly settling on an idea that I want to do two things for sure:

1. Full restoration.
    2. Something different.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jHajh4zLu2SbS5rQjqSZMCQf0OpZosza6ZKEbDsLSwo/edit?usp=sharing

I've started a spreadsheet with my idea which is basically to treat the car in the ethos of a Singer Porsche. If you haven't seen this video with Chris Harris watch it now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJQ4hQSusjE

The chassis will basically be new, with all new bolts. Interior will be the best I can find on the front half, and the back will be custom rear deck, new carpet, cage, custom rear panels. Engine will be stock B18C5, trans will be CRV with H22 gearset + some MFactory bits, DSS carbon shaft, rebuild VC, rebuilt RT rear end, DSS axles, suspension is going to be a custom bit from an AUS company called MCA...etc, etc.

This is the current idea. Body work will take almost a full year in the shop which sucks...but it's a lot of work. The process is dip, rust repair, body work, dip, e-coat, paint and the dip and ecoat are both off site to there is a lot of back and forth between shops.

I've always talked about keeping one civic for life and I think this is the one. I've been an EF guy for most of my Honda days and I recently drove a pristine EF Si and didn't like it compared to the wagon. I didn't think that would ever happen as I've owned a bunch of those as well and they were always my favorite EF body. I've made a full transition to the wagon life and I want to make a car that is at the pinnacle of what Honda did in that era.
  • Also my wife and I will be measuring and making a dust cover/car cover for the wagon as the actual Honda car covers are long gone. My idea is to make a pattern that anyone can use to get a good cover made for the car similar to any sewing pattern you would find at a store. That way you can take this file, go into any sewing shop (for a dust cover), or car upholstery shop (for a thicker car cover) and have them make a cover that fits the wagons perfectly. That's going to be my fall/winter project.