Electrical problem! Please help.

Hello,

So today I finally installed my heater, and the whole dashboard.

This is what happened - after driving for about 15 miles, the clock, rpms, fuel gage, water temperature, heater/blower and turn signals just died.

However, other things like lights, high/low beams as well as sunroof works perfectly fine.

What could this gremlin be?

I would guess a relay, fuse or ground wire? But if so why would it just die on me mid way rather than at the start?

Oh well I really hate electrical things, but I hope I can learn something new and fix the issue myself!

Comments

• When that was happening to me there was a wire that was slightly frayed that would bounce and ground out on the transmission housing. That would in turn pop the fuse that is associated with those items.

Did it pop the fuse? That sounds like it did to me, if so there's a bad connection somewhere that's likely shorting out. If it's intermittent that means that it's somewhere that when the wires get a good enough jostle from driving then it grounds out. No simple way about it, you're just gonna have to trace that entire circuit and figure out where the interruption is.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Yes it did! It was an antenna wire hanging out all bare. I did switch out most pf the fuses, but I ran into problem. The fuse box does not specify about what goes to the very right side of the box, these is one fuse spot at the end and I am not sure what goes there. Do you guys know by chance? Also big thanks to greenteagod!!!
  • I have a 1990 FSM I could reference, if you could snap a picture though of what you're looking at it'll give me more to go on. Also some fuse spots are actually empty or for accessories that may not be installed it could be something like that.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    It is that one where I did stick the 75 in:

60.jpg