RT4WD to RWD???

i know that its mainly only FWD and AWD but would it be possible to modify the AWD into a RWD only?
tell me civic wagon, can it be done?

Comments

• Remove the front axles?
  • Considering the way the couplers engage on the rear, to have them permanently engaged would seem to not be super bueno. That and you're talking you have losses through the transmission anyway, now consider you're seeing the transfer case losses all the time.

It can be done, the results though may not be worth it.

But yeah you're talking complete refab of near everything. Just popping the front axles would not result in anything but a slow moving car that would eventually burn out driveline parts.

Think longitudinally cramming a motor in there and doing things S2000 style.

If you're skilled with fabbing though, it can definitely be done.

So find a S2000 driveline, and start cutting and welding.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Read Jaker's build thread. He went big with the RWD a few years ago. Basically removed the front axles and eliminated the viscous coupler.
    I forget the numbers, but he was putting some serious Endyn blower power down. Turns out the weak link is the transfer case/gear.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    bam-bam wrote: »
    Read Jaker's build thread. He went big with the RWD a few years ago. Basically removed the front axles and eliminated the viscous coupler.
    I forget the numbers, but he was putting some serious Endyn blower power down. Turns out the weak link is the transfer case/gear.

Yup. Cuz I bought all his extras. Lol.