Luke's 1990 UK Shuttle

Here's my shuttle from the UK, copied from another forum i use so here it is at various stages

130.jpg

131.jpg
132.jpg
133.jpg

134.jpg

Comments

• Sorted some minor stuff today that was bothering me

The indicators and side lights had been painted Amber which was started to flake off, wiped down with some thinners and polished to get back to clear, then removed the amber part from inside a fitted some silvertecs

148.jpg
    149.jpg
    150.jpg

one of the rear arches has been done before, not brilliantly but it is solid. Was showing some surface rust so ground back and painted with hammerite to protect it until i get round to doing them properly

151.jpg
    152.jpg

Got sent a few photos by a mate who saw it whilst i was out shopping, excuse the wing this is also a temporary cover up while i try to source a new one

153.jpg
    154.jpg
  • regiment9ineregiment9ine Band Wagon
    not been on for a while, heres where im currently at

230.jpg

231.jpg

also got some spacers on the rear today and spent some time cleaning the carbs which seems to have done it the world of good
  • sohawksohawk Wagonist
    Sassy. Not quite my style but you're workin it.

What sort of armrest is that, how was the install, and how does it fit?
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    Nice shuttle! I really like the color and fender. What are your plans for it?
    sohawk wrote: »
    Sassy. Not quite my style but you're workin it.

What sort of armrest is that, how was the install, and how does it fit?

yeah the fender had been rusted by a previous owner so this is just a temporary way of covering it until i can find a clean one.

arm rest is from a rover, easily available in the uk and very easy to install!
    thanks! plans at the moment are just trying to get it lower and trying to source manual transmission parts along with tidying it up as much as possible.
    262.jpg
    summer chills, I really need to buy a decent camera and wash this thing a bit more often though

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg[
    The wing is finally booked in to be painted along with a few other bits

70.jpg

And this finally showed up from jdm land today

71.jpg
    roof rack off for a bit, wasn't using it much
    rollers....

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg
  • Damn, whip looks good.

How did you get that VIP table attached?
  • love this shuttles color! i am glad i painted mine the same!
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Very nice wagon. I wonder if we could gather quite a few wagons from across the Europe to one place..
  • no major updates still enjoying driving it done a few small bits

got a replacement wing at last, bonus points - it's the right colour
    fixed the rear light where somebody drove into it
    also got some plates that fit in my frames
    and ordered my meister r coilovers last night so they'll be here an on soon!

179.jpg

180.jpg

181.jpg

182.jpg

183.jpg

i need more lows and to make some sort of rear lip now, more updates soon
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Looking good! Weird mirrors tho, not sure if I like them or hate them. But I was contemplating doing the hood raise like you did.
  • Unfortunately a couple of days after I finally got my new meister coilovers on this happened

258.jpg

Fortunately I picked up this last night, totally original 50k miles

259.jpg
  • Nice find with low miles, and how did you manage that smashed up front end?
  • Someone pulled out on me, locked up and hit them.
  • Such a bite, scrapping it or gonna try to recover it?
  • It's already gone, may try to buy it back from the insurance company for parts
  • Yeah I definitely would. I mean really that isn't horrible in the scheme of things and they are just gonna crush it most likely. At least the would on this side of the pond.
  • Fitted my meister coilovers from my previous shuttle along with some other bits and temporary wheels while I look for something wide

337.jpg

Annoyingly someone fitted an aftermarket sunroof to this which leaks a lot. They also butchered the headlining in the process. Luckily I picked up a free headliner from a breaker so just need to blank out the old sunroof
  • The shit sunroof is out, riveted some aluminium sheet there and sealed up for the time being, I'll either weld a new roof in or fit some sort of rag top in the future.

Also fitted my front lip, wheel and cup holder. Just awaiting some fresh plates and still searching for some wheels

377.jpg

378.jpg

379.jpg

380.jpg

381.jpg
  • i cringed on your last post :/
  • What happened to the front bumper. It looked intact in that first picture.
  • Front bumper was pushed in when I bought it, you can see you it in the first picture
  • Skirt and spacers on and gave the shitty brown wheels a quick blow over in silver, looks much better for a quick fix imo

79.jpg
  • Sharno3Sharno3 Band Wagon
    Unreal that you found 2 wagons in such incredible shape. They both look like brand new. Wish we had an easier time to get them here
  • debrisdebris Wagonist
    So shiny! Did you just wax it?
  • Dash-N-CarsDash-N-Cars Senior Wagonist
    Ohhhh shiny. My pants got tight looking at this.