My 89 RT4WD Rust Bucket Restoration

2»

Comments

• MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    looks good!! I'm so glad I don't have to deal with rust!! Well for now at-least!!
  • navogawnavogaw Band Wagon
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    It looks great, any updates?
  • navogawnavogaw Band Wagon
    It has been VERY long since I have posted. Not much has changed with the wagon since I last posted, but a lot is about to. The car has sat for 1.5 years without me touching it. Recently I towed the wagon from my grandma's house to my own. Now I will be able to work on the wagon whenever I have free time. Also, a major thing that is going to happen is that I AM GOING TO COMPLETELY START OVER. I am not happy with what I have done to the wagon thus far, and it deserves better. I am going to restore the wagon to the best of my abilities, taking it very slow without a deadline. This means all of the bodywork I have done like the quarter panels I welded in will be cut out and redone. The antenna delete will be cut out and redone. Now that I have thought about it, since this wagon will be my daily driver, I might cut out the rear wiper delete and put the wiper back on. My plans for this build is a tasteful restoration back to a stock look, but with a few tasteful goodies here and there. I will be keeping the original blue exterior.

The task at hand I am currently tackling is a complete stripping of paint and undercoating from the front passenger wheel wells and passenger side of the engine bay. I will then be going over the entire wheel well and engine bay with black POR 15 rust protection, that way my wagon can have a very long life. Por 15 will also be applied to other parts of the car as well.

I will be posting updates, but something might come up soon that will impede my progress. My parents out of nowhere decided to try to sell our house, so I am not sure how soon after we move (if they sell the house) that I will have another workshop to work on the wagon, but I will definitely have one eventually.

This post was merely to let you guys know that I didn't forget about this and that I have not given up!

Stay tuned :encouragement: